NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
ACT Digital Transport Solutions
Together, ACT and Fujitsu are an innovative, agile and experienced technology partner that evolve ticketing and payment systems so you can digitalise faster, more securely and with confidence.
Optimising citizen mobility by creating an integrated public transport network that is efficient, affordable and reliable, is a common aim for many countries across the world. Integrated ticketing is a key enabler for any successful multi-modal transport system and a prerequisite to deliver seamless, door-to-door journeys.
Our digital transport practice encompasses ACT’s end-to-end modular digital ticketing solutions, which in turn provide a platform for integrated transport ticketing across bus, tram, ferry, metro and rail services at an operator, local, regional or national level.
Its solutions drive growth and operational efficiency for transport operators and help improve the passenger experience by joining up ticketing to create seamless door-to-door journeys.
Sector challenges that our digital transport solutions address
- Growth and efficient operations - greater intelligence needed to grow revenue and optimise operations
- Regional and national transport interoperability while maintaining operator independence
- Improving the passenger experience and value for money
- Transacting multiple types of payment and ticketing standard
Solutions for the industry
Concessionary transport ticketing
Joined-up concessionary travel platform using a smart card-based ITSO solution - ACT’s enterprise-grade systems are fully interoperable and the leading choice in UK concessionary transport ticketing.
Commercial transport ticketing
ACT provides a complete end-to-end solution to manage smart ticketing and retail payments for public transport services at a local, regional or national level. Its systems are fully interoperable to provide a joined-up way of managing integrated transport ticketing.
Unlocks the intelligence from the data generated by smart ticketing schemes to help create smoother journeys. Analytics provides the tools to better understand passengers’ travel patterns, tailor services to match passenger demand, reduce operating costs and uncover any unusual journey activity.
- Simplified and integrated front and back office systems
- Increased operational efficiency and new revenue possibilities
- Regional and national scheme interoperability that still enables transport operators to retain operational independence
- Reduces risk and cost of digitalising ticketing
- Supports multiple types of fare payment and ticketing standard such as ITSO, Calypso, cEMV, Account Based Ticketing
- Increased operational intelligence and agility
- Extended retail network to include online, mobile, in-store, on-board and on-platform sales channels
- Underpinned by Fujitsu’s resilient world-class data and network security
- Smoother journeys with joined-up door-to-door ticketing
- Greater choice and convenience to buy and top up smart tickets
- Easy access to the information needed to make more informed travel choices
- Journey planning while on the go
- Personalised travel account enabling the automatic award of compensation such as ‘delay repay’
- Faster boarding and fewer queues
- ACT provide smart ticketing systems and services for both bus and rail operations for FirstGroup
- Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) uses ACT’s solutions to roll out integrated, multimodal ticketing across Greater Manchester
- ACT systems underpin Merseytravel’s integrated smart ticketing scheme, the most active outside London
- Go-Ahead Group, one of the UK's largest bus operators carrying almost two million passengers every day, offers its customers greater ticketing choice and convenient payment methods through ACT ticketing solutions
- ACT provides the back office for the national, integrated ticketing programme being rolled out across Wales
- ACT delivers greater passenger convenience by extending multi-channel ticket retailing through its Cloud Partners, such as PayPoint. Link to case study.
- Many customers are using ACT Analytics to better understand passengers’ travel patterns, tailor services to match passenger demand, reduce operating costs and uncover any unusual journey activity