Fujitsu digital mobility solutions - delivering a truly seamless travel experience
In today’s digital age, transport operators face a unique challenge - how to deliver a truly seamless, high quality, reliable and affordable passenger-controlled journey while using capital-intensive physical infrastructure. At Fujitsu, we believe the way to achieve this goal is through the co-creation and deployment of innovative digital transport solutions.
It’s our belief that co-creation with an expert partner is a far more effective way of developing new solutions than working in isolation. By working closely together, we can help you understand how integrating digital technology can enhance your passenger experience, lower your costs and gain insight into your passengers’ behaviour and needs.
We have experience co-creating digital solutions that have overcome the issues of regulating services and delivering a uniform experience each and every time. Our portfolio of secure, intelligence-led transportation solutions enables transport operators across sea, air, rail and road to deliver a more personalised and consistent passenger experience.
With our digital technology we connect business, technical and operations to enable operators to deliver a seamless end-to-end travel experience. We have the capability to connect every stage of your passenger’s journey – from planning and booking tickets through to the on-time arrival at destination. Our portfolio of digital transport solutions includes:
- Aviation Scheduling
- Digital Car Park Management
- Digital Traffic Flow Management
- Digital Noise and Emissions Monitoring
- Digital Safety and Compliance
- Digital Ticketing Solutions
- Mobile Ticketing Solutions
- Rail Crew Rostering and Disruption Management
- Smart and Integrated Ticketing and Loyalty Schemes
Creating a Complete Transport Ecosystem
The way we travel is undergoing a radical transformation: Autonomous Vehicles are only one of the more prominent examples of a wider trend in how the travel landscape is changing drastically. The rise of the digital and sharing economies mean that customers expect seamless, instantaneous and more personalized means of travel.Find out more
The Future… the buzz word on everybody’s lips.
It’s in the title of every event you get invited to and every supplier proposal. The future of Transport is especially interesting as no-one really knows what it’s going to look or feel like, despite the plethora of revolutionising technologies and modes of travel on the horizon. But what is the key to realising them? We’ve gathered some of the most respected industry experts to discuss the future of urban mobility, and hosted by the fantastic David Altabev from the Connected Places Catapult.
Transport: Where Are We Going? And How Are We Going to Get There?
Digital transformation has become an urgent priority for transport operators. It can link the back-office with the front-office to ensure that purchasing a ticket is easy and straightforward, passenger data is kept secure, and data collected can be turned into actionable insight into customer behaviour.
With the transport sector now under intense pressure to digitally transform, the question is - what priorities need to be addressed by operators to ensure that they arrive at the digital right destination?
To aid the sector on its digital journey, we questioned several digital transport industry experts. Read our report to find out how technology can be integrated to get customers from A to B at the right service and price level using capital-intense physical infrastructure.
See how our customers solved their challenges
The STARmobile on-train ticketing application enables Transport for Wales to increase employees productivity and passengers happiness
Through Fujitsu’s on-train ticketing application, STARmobile, Transport for Wales has increased employee productivity and confidence as well as improving ticketing revenue through maximising their paying customers.
- We were invited to contribute to Network Rail’s Digital Railway programme to offer insight into how digital innovation can be used to maximise performance and unlock capacity. We directly contributed to 6 workstreams which focused on solutions for delivering improved business outcomes.
- For Transport for London (TfL), we were chosen as a collaborative strategic partner to design and install infrastructure to allow wireless internet access across the London Underground.
- For Heathrow Airport, we were chosen to develop and deploy a new high-speed, robust and flexible network to underpin the terminal’s mission critical operations.
- For Crossrail, we developed and deployed a tailored IT infrastructure solution that includes desktop devices, data centre services and helpdesk support.
Transport operators need to realise the power of blockchain – here’s why
This blog is co-authored by Rabih Arzouni, Chief Technology Officer for Transport, Fujitsu EMEIA, and Reo Hayashi, Business Development –Digital Business Solutions (DBS) at Fujitsu EMEIA
Read blog article
How co-creation will help us achieve new heights of innovation within transport
The mantra “two heads are better than one” has always been at odds with today’s competitive world of business.
Read blog article
Meet our transport experts
Transport Infrastructure CTO
Public Transport CTO