Fujitsu Introduces New Mission Critical x86 PRIMEQUEST Servers
Fujitsu UK & Ireland
- New Fujitsu Server PRIMEQUEST line-up provides a migration path with near-UNIX performance for customers looking to migrate to x86-based server architecture
- Fujitsu’s most-reliable x86 servers are perfectly suited for highly-demanding, mission-critical deployments where unplanned downtime is not an option
Pricing and availability
Fujitsu Server PRIMEQUEST systems are available directly from Fujitsu and via distribution partners. Prices vary by region, model and configuration.
Notes to the Editor
- Benchmark results in detail:
The SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) Standard Application Benchmark performed by Fujitsu in Paderborn, Germany, was certified by SAP on behalf of the SAP Benchmark Council. Certificate number: 2016023
- SPECfp_rate_base2006, measuring Technical Computing Throughput in a 2-socket x86 system configuration – test configuration: Fujitsu Server PRIMEQUEST 2800E3 with two Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8890 v4, 256 (16x16 GB) GB memory, running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1, C/C++: Version 22.214.171.124 of Intel C++ Studio XE for Linux; Fortran: Version 126.96.36.199 of Intel Fortran Studio XE for Linux. Hyper-Threading on. Scores: SPECfp_rate_base2006 = 1180, SPECfp_rate2006 = 1210. Source: https://www.spec.org/cpu2006/results/res2016q2/cpu2006-20160513-41183.pdf
In this specific test, the PRIMEQUEST 2800E3 reached a tie with a competing system.
- SPECfp_rate_base2006, measuring Technical Computing Throughput in a 8-socket x86 system configuration – test configuration: Fujitsu Server PRIMEQUEST 2800E3 with eight Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8890 v4, 2 TB (128x16 GB) memory, running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1, C/C++: Version 188.8.131.52 of Intel C++ Studio XE for Linux; Fortran: Version 184.108.40.206 of Intel Fortran Studio XE for Linux. Scores: SPECfp_rate_base2006 = 4410, SPECfp_rate2006 = 4490. Source: https://www.spec.org/cpu2006/results/res2016q2/cpu2006-20160513-41185.pdf
- SPECint_rate_base2006, measuring server throughput – test configuration: Fujitsu Server PRIMEQUEST 2800E3 with eight Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8890 v4, 1 TB (64x16GB) memory, running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12, C/C++: Version 220.127.116.11 of Intel C++ Studio XE for Linux. Hyper-Threading on. Score: SPECint_rate_base2006 = 6930, SPECint_rate2006 = 7200. Source: https://www.spec.org/cpu2006/results/res2016q2/cpu2006-20160513-41207.pdf
- Competitive SPEC® benchmark results stated in this press release reflect results published as of June 6, 2016. For the latest SPEC® benchmark results, visit the result pages for the different benchmarks on http://www.spec.org or http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/servers/primergy/benchmarks/
- SAP SD 2-tier: 74000 Users, 404200 SAPS, measured on Fujitsu Server PRIMEQUEST 2800E3, eight Intel® Xeon® E7-8890 v4 (192 cores / 384 threads), 2048 GB, SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0, Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2012 .
Further information can be found at www.sap.com/benchmark
All benchmark results as of June 6, 2016.
Information on benchmark records based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800/4800 v4 product family can be found at: www.intel.com/E7v4records
- Proportion of mission-critical workloads, Veeam Data Center Availability Report, P. 10, 2014
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu in the UK & Ireland
Fujitsu employs over 14,000 people in the UK & Ireland, with total revenues exceeding £1.8 billion. Offering an integrated product and service portfolio, we deliver consulting, applications, technology products, systems integration and managed services, including cloud-based solutions, for customers across both public and private sectors, including retail, financial services, telecoms, government, defence and consumer IT. For more information, please see http://uk.fujitsu.com.
Date: 09 June, 2016