Fujitsu Showcases ‘Trusted’ AI Technologies at 2019 Fujitsu Innovation Gathering in London
- World first demonstrations of Fujitsu’s latest AI technologies, applying trusted AI solutions to solve real-world challenges, highlighting areas including finance, manufacturing, cyber security, transport, and utilities
- One-day Fujitsu Innovation Gathering event alongside London leg of annual Fujitsu World Tour, combining keynotes, in-depth technology presentations and comprehensive demonstration
- Fujitsu Laboratories’ cutting-edge ‘Digital Trust’ R&D strategy highlighted as the foundation for accelerating digital transformation for society and business
- High-profile discussion on AI Ethics featuring panelists from Oxford University, BMW Research, ACCA and the TUM/AI4People Scientific Committee
In his keynote, Dr Hirotaka Hara’s, Representative Director and Corporate Executive Officer of Fujitsu Laboratories, will present the concept of Digital Trust as the crucial foundation for accelerating digital transformation, outlining how Fujitsu’s cutting-edge R&D strategy is working to realise this objective. He explains, “Over the past 50 years, Fujitsu Laboratories has consistently expanded the frontier of technology through R&D on leading-edge technologies, contributing to the creation of a myriad of ground-breaking new products, solutions and services. Today, our focus is on how to achieve trust and to co-create with our customers and partners to develop a digital society, applying our ground-breaking research to solve the pressing challenges faced by society and business. The annual Fujitsu Innovation Gathering represents an important platform to demonstrate the results of our R&D, and to engage in dialogue with a wide cross-section of customers and collaboration partners – identifying new ways of co-creating and innovating to help our customers accelerate their digital transformation process.”
The dedicated Fujitsu Innovation Gathering breakout session track covers three important topics:
- Towards Trustworthy AI: Preserving transparency and auditability, featuring University of Oxford’s Dr Mariarosaria Taddeo, Dr Hans-Jörg Vögel from BMW Research, Narayanana Vaidyanathan from ACCA, Dr Christoph Luetge from TUM Institute for Ethics in Artificial Intelligence and the AI4People Scientific Committee, and Dr Aisha Naseer from Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
- Creating Cutting-Edge Solutions for Digital Innovation, with Advanced Technologies – presented by Daiki Masumoto, Corporate Executive Officer & Head of Digital Innovation Core Unit, Fujitsu Laboratories
- Trusted Data System Technologies for the Distributed Data Society – presented by Akira Ito, Senior Manager, Trusted Data System Project, Super Middleware Unit, Fujitsu Laboratories
During the event, Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe will also announce two new AI technologies, as CEO Dr Adel Rouz elaborates, “Our annual Fujitsu Innovation Gathering is a unique showcase, bringing together the trailblazing work conducted by Fujitsu Laboratories’ experts from all parts of the world. This year we are announcing two important developments resulting from our ongoing research. The first is an advanced automatic unsupervised defect detection solution, which dramatically cuts the cost of creating new AI solutions for visual inspection applications, such as manufacturing, infrastructure maintenance and healthcare. The second innovation is a new AI-based technology to automate the medical coding of non-structured medical texts, enabling medical professionals to gain access to patient information faster and thereby freeing up their time to focus on patient care.”
About Fujitsu South Africa
The evolving nature of every business means changes, enhancements and upgrades to its data center infrastructure. Businesses are finding data center upgrades to be not only disruptive but also costly. There is a constant need to re-train and re-skill data center staff in order to effectively manage applications whilst ensuring data availability, security and energy consumption optimization. Not to mention maintaining compliance and service level agreements.
Fujitsu South Africa’s approach to Servers, Mainframes, Storage and Integrated Systems offers the flexibility to tailor data center technologies to our customer’s specific requirements. We provide the benefits of secure, robust, future-proofed technologies from a single source supported by a unique, consultative approach. This ensures you get exactly what your organisation demands bringing true business value to companies. http://www.fujitsu.com/za/
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 132,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.0 trillion yen (US $36 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2019. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu EMEIA
Fujitsu promotes a Human Centric Intelligent Society, in which innovation is driven by the integration of people, information and infrastructure. In the Europe, Middle East, India and Africa region (EMEIA), our 27,000-strong workforce is committed to Digital Co-creation, blending business expertise with digital technology and creating new value with ecosystem partners and customers. We enable our customers to digitally transform with connected technology services, focused on Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Cloud - all underpinned by Security. For more information, please visit https://www.fujitsu.com/emeia/about/
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 01 July, 2019