South & East Africa
At “Fujitsu Forum”, its annual customer event, Fujitsu today outlines its vision, key products and services, enabling customers to create flexible IT infrastructures to meet future business demands. In doing so, Fujitsu allows enterprises to follow a path of seamless convergence from today’s on-premise IT solutions to tomorrow’s cloud-based computing.
Underlining the depth and breadth of its expertise in enabling customers to reshape their IT, Fujitsu presents a complete set of solutions. Among the announcements, highlights range from a new software marketplace for cloud-based applications through to a breakthrough in data analytics that enables the use of Big Data in real-time decision-making.
Fujitsu Forum is also the launch-pad for solutions developed for the special needs of small and mid-size businesses – helping them gain greater business velocity by simultaneously increasing the agility of their IT systems while also reducing the total cost of ownership, therefore cutting the risks of investing in new technology.
Key announcements at Fujitsu Forum are:
· The Fujitsu Business Solutions Store, providing companies of all sizes with a single platform marketplace for cloud-based business applications and business processes. The solutions, provided by Fujitsu and its partners, include Fujitsu CRM Cloud Services. The Fujitsu Business Solutions Store provides a marketplace for partners to offer their software “as a service” to new customers. A simple interface makes it easy to ensure that applications are cloud- and Business Solutions Store-ready in only a few days.
· One of the world’s first multi-node environments for running the SAP HANA™ platform certified by SAP AG, empowering enterprises to analyze vast amounts of data to spot new trends, as well as responding in real-time to changing market conditions. This is achieved by harnessing and analyzing massive amounts of transactional business data in real time, backed by the reassurance of data integrity thanks to a highly available, scalable platform.
· Dynamic Infrastructures Blocks (DI Blocks), providing enterprises with a modular, step-by-step approach towards consolidating and reshaping their datacenters. Enterprises gain a competitive edge from DI Blocks by ensuring that their IT operations are always available to meet changing business needs, and ready for on-premise private cloud infrastructures.
· FlexFrame Compact for SAP solutions , enabling mid-size organizations to enjoy better business performance and guaranteed high availability of their SAP® business applications. Fujitsu FlexFrame Compact for SAP solutions is a new entry-level version of the fully-virtualized infrastructure already used by more than 250 large enterprises to optimize their entire SAP solution environments – including servers, virtual machines, storage and networks – and to help reduce total cost of ownership.
· A technology demo of its first Android Slate PC, ideal for running VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) applications. This extends the use of corporate data into the field by enabling secure, protected access to a personal virtual machine running business applications, while all sensitive data remains safe behind corporate firewalls. The concept underlines one of the ways that Fujitsu is helping drive the strategic shift to network-edge access devices, using cloud-based processing power. Adding a new dimension to protecting corporate data, the slate PC is also waterproof.
Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Sigrun Harsch, Senior Manager Public Relations
Tel.: +49 (0) 89 62060 4454
Mobile: +49 (0) 170 855 06 08
About Fujitsu Fujitsu is a leading provider of information and communication technology (ICT) -based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in over 100 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large-, medium- and small-sized companies as well as consumers. With its Dynamic Infrastructures approach, the company offers a full portfolio of IT products, solutions and services, ranging from clients to datacenter solutions, Managed Infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 09 November, 2011
Share this page
South & East Africa