UNIX Server SPARC T4-2 feature
This mid-range, thin chassis (3U), Web and Application server package provides enhanced space, energy savings, and high performance.
SPARC T4 processor facilitates high throughput performance and minimizes power consumption
- High throughput from max. 16 cores and 128 threads
- Higher performance for heavy load application due to excellent CPU clock improvement and 2-stage Out-of-Order pipeline
- Large improvements in integer calculations. SPARC T4 has a 16 stage integer pipe whereas SPARC T3 has six
- This 40 nm technology supports pipeline encryption/decryption using an eight Stream Processing Unit encrypt/decrypt 10 major cipher functions
Performance tuned for high transaction applications.
- Compact 3U form factor with Max.128 executable threads
- Swift memory access with 128KB L2 cache in each core and 4MB L3 cache CPU chip while SPARC T3 has 6MB L2 cache per CPU chip
- PCI-Express and high speed serial interface support
Hardware availability comprehensively assured by data protection and component redundancy
- Memory Page Retirement retires memory pages with correctable errors and allocates a clean page. It also isolates memory pages with uncorrectable errors and allocates a clean page
- All major components including HDD, Power Supply Units and Fans can be redundantly configured and hot-swapped
- Local and remote (via LAN) server environment control with in-built ILOM (Integrated Lights Out Manager) service management processors
Operational cost reductions with partitioning and management software.
- Simple upgrade by Physical to Virtual conversion tools for Oracle VM Server for SPARC(Logical Domains) and Oracle Solaris Containers
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC(Logical Domains) Direct I/O provides high performance for I/O intensive applications
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC(Logical Domains) Dynamic Reconfiguration can flexibly and dynamically change server resources such as processors, memory, and Virtual I/O
- Oracle Solaris Containers ; simplifies system environment and business change modifications
SPARC/Oracle Solaris provides the certainty that protects your system assets while delivering mission critical service.
- Oracle Solaris, No.1 market share, UNIX OS (based on UNIX System V Release 4)
- Application binary compatibility, ensures all your applications will run without change or recompilation
- SPARC T4 conforms to the same SPARC V9 open processor architecture as all other SPARC processors and operating system versions. This provides the most stable roadmap into the future
Power consumption can be reduced with Power Management (Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.1).
- CPU clock increases or decreases as processor utilization increases or decreases
- Underutilized memory automatically operates in idle mode to save power
- Power Management can be used to reduce power based on consumption limit settings