FUJITSU Quantum-inspired Computing Digital Annealer shows the ability to a solution of the combinatorial optimization problem,which is difficult to calculate for the enormous amount of calculation.
What is Digital Annealer
Digital Annealer is a new technology to solve large-scale combinatorial optimization problems instantly. It uses a digital circuit design inspired by quantum phenomena, and can solve problems which is tough for classical computers to deal with.
The most practical computer to solve combinatorial optimization problems for business
Digital Annealer Services
We offer you "Digital Annealer Cloud Service" and "Digital Annealer Technical Service"
Optimize and Innovate with Digital Annealer
Reducing traveling distance for parts picking operations by up to 45%
Digital Annealer can find the shortest possible route instantly
Fujitsu IT Products Limited
- Faster Molecule Similarity Search
Chemical and pharmaceutical laboratories use molecule similarity searching, which partially extracts molecules’ characteristics, to search for new substances and to develop new drugs. Digital Annealer can search entire molecular structures without relying on extraction, thereby enabling accurate, instant similarity searching.
- Low-risk, Diversified Investment
Digital Annealer can find the ideal investment allocation to maximize returns by grouping stocks that correlate with price variations, thus optimizing portfolios and reducing risk. Digital Annealer can find the best permutation from among 20 or more stock names (equivalent to more than one quintillion permutations) instantly.
- Optimized In-stock Part Placement
In factories and distribution warehouses, the time it takes workers to walk around picking parts can be minimized by optimizing work routes and in-stock part placement. In fact, introducing Digital Annealer in Fujitsu group factories successfully reduced workers travel distance by 45 percent each month, increasing productivity significantly.
- Personalized Digital Marketing Ads
Digital marketing accuracy can be improved by delivering precise individually personalized content to webpage visitors, thereby increasing their willingness to buy. Digital Annealer allows instant display of customized content by providing data (such as age or gender) for each webpage element.
Applications of Digital Annealer
- Route optimization: Finding the shortest path; ideal for searching quickest routes and public transportation
- Identify network design problems: Designing optimal networks for communication networks, oil and gas pipelines
- Optimizing delivery plans: Ideal for postal services and logistics services
- Optimized placement of in-stock parts: In factories, stores and distribution warehouses
- Optimized scheduling: For addressing factory worker shifts, sports tournament brackets
- Disaster recovery planning: Providing an efficient and quick recovery, rescue and aid plan
Collaboration with Top-tier Global Partners
Fujitsu has established strategic partnership agreements with 1QBit (a Canadian company), the only vendor of commercial quantum computer software at the moment, and the University of Toronto, an internationally top-tier innovation hub.
Fujitsu Digital Annealer solution uses 1QBit software and its quantum algorithms that has become a standard in quantum computing.
This makes adopting and leveraging the benefits of Digital Annealer by customers currently researching or using quantum computers easy. There is no need to tweak applications.
- Fujitsu Opens New Research Lab in Toronto to Accelerate Social Implementation of Digital Annealer
- On March 14, 2018 at the University of Toronto, Fujitsu held the opening ceremony of Fujitsu Co-Creation Research Laboratory at the University of Toronto. It is Fujitsu’s new research hub that will accelerate the research of innovative computing including Digital Annealer.
- The world’s only vendor of commercial quantum computer software (as of December 2017) 2015 Technology Pioneer Award winner at the World Economics Forum
Of course, our relationship with Fujitsu is real honor for all of us here 1QBit. 1QBit has been working with a number of companies focused on producing quantum hardware, but the Fujitsu digital annealer is one of the first pieces of really usable hardware that can leverage all of the research that 1QBit has engineered over the past four years
Andrew Fursman, CEO, 1QB Information Technologies Inc.
1QBit Press Release
Digital Annealer Press Release
- May 15, 2018
- Fujitsu Quantum-Inspired Digital Annealer Cloud Service to Rapidly Resolve Combinatorial Optimization Problems
- September 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Technology Facilitates Application of Combinatorial Optimization Methods to Real-World Problems
- September 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Laboratories and University of Toronto Enter Strategic Partnership
- May 16, 2017
- Fujitsu and 1QBit Collaborate on Quantum Inspired AI Cloud Service
- October 20, 2016
- Fujitsu Laboratories Develops New Architecture that Rivals Quantum Computers in Utility