CardMinder Business Card Software
Organize and manage all the business cards you receive in one simple software application. CardMinder allows you to view, edit and store contact information straight from a scanned card. Eliminate the stacks of accumulated business cards while organizing the information in an easy‐viewing format to access whenever you need it. Searching for contacts is effortless with CardMinder.
For convenience and efficiency, you can export data into applications like Outlook, Address Book, Excel, and Salesforce. Information is not only stored, but now accessible for use.
For more information, please view the Features tab.
Clear your pile of business cards with "One touch"
CardMinder helps you stay organized by using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to automatically recognize and extract text from business cards scanned with a ScanSnap scanner. Scan business cards quickly during a business trip or when at a customer’s office with the iX100, or scan multiple business cards at once with the SV600.
Support for global business card management
CardMinder supports 11 different languages and enables you to adapt to a global work environment.
Supported languages are Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), and Korean.
Manage scanned data effectively
You can search for cards quickly by using keywords which are extracted by the OCR function. For additional backup, you can have CardMinder store the card image as a visual reference.
Use contact information from anywhere
Easily manage contact information with personal information management (PIM) applications. Furthermore, you can archive contact information into a database by using CardMinder to export the scanned data to various file types including ContactXML, vCard, CSV, and text.
The system requirements for CardMinder are as follows:
|Operating system (1)(2)
||Windows® 8 (3)
||Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.2 GHz
(Recommended: Intel® Core™ i5 2.5 GHz or higher)
||32-bit: 1 GB or more (Recommended: 4 GB or more)
64-bit: 2 GB or more (Recommended: 4 GB or more)
|Display resolution (5)
||Windows® 8: 1024 × 768 pixels or higher
Windows® 7/Windows Vista®/Windows® XP: 800 × 600 pixels or higher
|Hard disk space
||660 MB or more of free disk space required (6)
||Required for installation
||ScanSnap (7) (8) (9) or the image scanner that complies with TWAIN standards (Required when scanning cards)
||Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
||8 MB or more of free disk space required (required for USB Media Linkage)
- It is recommended to use the operating system with the latest Service Pack applied.
- For details about supported operating systems, refer to "System Requirements" in the Operator's Guide of your ScanSnap model.
- CardMinder operates as a desktop application.
- It is recommended to use CardMinder in an environment that meets the scanner system requirements or higher, if they are higher than the operating system requirements.
- When the font size is large, some screens may not be displayed properly. In that case, use a smaller font size.
- To save a single card data (when scanned with Duplex, Color, and Best), about 250 KB or more of free disk space is required.
Estimate the required free disk space based on the number of cards to scan.
- For details about ScanSnap, please visit our website at:
- ScanSnap Network Scanner is not included.
- Scanning with a WIA driver is not supported.
For more requirements click here for Windows and here for Mac
Downloads and Updates
If the software is already installed, an update can be performed directly from the software.
- “Start Menu” → “All programs” → “ScanSnap online update”.*
- Dialog box will pop-up for online update.
- Click “Yes” and read through the License Agreement. Click “Next” to start the update download.
- When the download is complete, installation will start.
- Follow the instructions on the Installation Wizard to complete the installation.
- If other software updates are available, they will be shown after installation is complete.
*In the case of Windows® 8.1/Windows® 8, click “Online Update” from the “All App” screen.