Fujitsu Signs Agreement with ImageWare to Extend Biometric Security Solutions Portfolio
- Agreement enhances Fujitsu’s biometric security solutions portfolio to support mobile devices and additional authentication methods including fingerprint, face, and voice recognition
- Fujitsu customers can now deploy the ImageWare Systems GoVerifyID® family of products to quickly and easily upgrade their security processes
- Businesses can deploy the biometric authentication as a service, powered by Fujitsu Cloud Service K5
As businesses undertake digital transformations, it becomes increasingly important to take steps to secure their data – from patient identification in the healthcare industry, to fraud prevention in retail or banking to ensuring the secure use of enterprise mobile devices. Combining biometric authentication with existing access control, such as tokens, passwords or PINs provides the ultimate level of accountability.
Fujitsu’s current biometric identity and access management solutions, including PalmSecure
, its flagship palm vein authentication solution, already leverage ImageWare System’s Biometric Engine®
as their back end identity storage and matching database. The same technology is now available as a service, and is hosted on the Fujitsu Cloud Service K5
. Now Fujitsu customers can easily and quickly upgrade any of their security processes to include highly secure biometric authentication by deploying the ImageWare Systems GoVerifyID®
family of products.
Thomas Bengs, Director and Head of Biometrics at Fujitsu in EMEIA, says: “For enterprises today, protecting data and implementing access control is more important than ever. Through this agreement with ImageWare Systems, our customers gain access to an enhanced portfolio of biometric security solutions that reduce the barriers to deploying highly secure biometric authentication. Businesses will also benefit from more choice than ever, both in terms of the technologies they deploy and the ability to offer authentication via mobile devices. Delivering biometric authentication as a service opens up many new use cases and reduces the complexity usually associated with security measures.”
Jim Miller, Chairman and CEO of ImageWare Systems, adds: “Biometrics are not only the most secure form of authentication, but are also the easiest to use – as each user is his or her own password. By taking advantage of our powerful biometrics solutions delivered via Fujitsu’s cloud-based security as a service, many more businesses can easily enhance their security. The potential applications are plentiful: Enterprises can add features such as mobile security for application logins or manage access to controlled areas, while retailers can use biometrics to help prevent fraud or to manage loyalty programs. There are also many potential applications in the financial industry where confirming identity in online, mobile or ATM banking is crucial. Finally, in healthcare, biometrics authentication easily confirms patient identity, accelerating check-in for example during visits to the doctor.”
Pricing and availability
The ImageWare Systems solutions will be available to Fujitsu customers in Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa from July 2017. Pricing varies according to country and configuration.
Notes to editors
The agreement enables Fujitsu to market and license the ImageWare Systems’ GoVerifyID®: family of products including:
- GoVerifyID®: ImageWare System’s patented mobile biometric user authentication solution, designed to provide greater identity assurance, with a flexible user experience, before providing access to secured resources.
- IWS Biometric Engine®: ImageWare System’s patented anonymous identity storage database and biometric matching service powers the GoVerifyID products and can be provided as a cloud service by Fujitsu or installed on premise.
- GoVerifyID Enterprise Suite: provides multi-modal biometric authentication for the full breadth of an organization’s ecosystems. It combines consistent user experience and centralized administration with the highest level of security, flexibility, and usability. This product integrates with the Microsoft security infrastructure through Microsoft Active Directory and other enterprise directory services.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 155,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US $40 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu EMEIA
Fujitsu enables customers to capitalize on digital opportunities with confidence, by helping them to balance robust ICT and digital innovation. Fujitsu’s full portfolio of products, solutions and services gives its customers a competitive advantage in the era of digital transformation. In Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) the company employs more than 29,000 people. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/about/
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 19 June, 2017