Fujitsu Delivers Hybrid Cloud Data Backup and Recovery
Fujitsu Technology Solutions
- New Fujitsu BaaS helps customers to navigate complex data backup and recovery requirements
- The service gives customers control to monitor and manage backups, store and optimize backup data and enable rapid and effective recover
- Fujitsu is building an end-to-end cloud portfolio, designed to provide businesses with the choice that they need to modernize their IT structures and innovate new types of service
Fujitsu today offers business customers of all sizes a fail-proof, global cloud-based backup and recovery service, with the immediate availability of Fujitsu Backup as a Service (BaaS). Incorporating best-in-class EVault technology, Fujitsu BaaS is agile, scalable, simple to use and with end-to-end security it provides safe storage for sensitive business data. This offering is a key component in the company’s end-to-end cloud portfolio, which is designed to provide businesses with the choice they need to modernize IT structures and innovate new types of services.
Organizations today need to navigate changing and complex data backup and recovery requirements, and so they are looking for solutions that provide flexibility on data location and storage. Fujitsu BaaS combines technology from Fujitsu and EVault to offer new levels of choice for companies seeking reliable backup that supports the changing regulatory requirement landscape as well as multiple traditional and cloud platforms.
Fujitsu Backup as a Service enables organizations to deploy hybrid cloud backup strategies, that manage both cloud-based and traditional on-premise data and, which also meet the compliance and protection requirements they face. Customers can now store and retrieve their data from servers, databases and whole systems, and store it to a defined Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 data center. In the near future they also will have the flexibility to store their data at additional locations, for example onsite in their own data center and the possibility to create backups from their client devices.
The service is available on demand via a self-service portal or as a Managed Service and will be delivered from Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5. Fujitsu BaaS gives customers control to monitor and manage backups, store and optimize backup data and enable rapid and effective recovery. Taking advantage of EVault’s market-leading backup and recovery technology Fujitsu BaaS can help:
- Reduce costs based on a monthly subscription with no minimum commitment to ensure that customers pay according to their usage and actual growth.
- Secure data – with the highest levels of protection – including military-grade encryption for all data, both in transit and at rest.
- Reduce backup times – by taking advantage of advanced WAN-optimization backup technology to ensure the most efficient use of bandwidth.
- Optimize storage footprint – the entire dataset is captured on the first backup, with only changed blocks captured on subsequent backups.
- Reduce management complexity – with an intuitive self-service portal that makes it easy to configure backup schedules, select retention periods, view job progress and alerts – and perform restores.
- Gain greater flexibility – by taking advantage of a monthly subscription service that can be scaled as data grows, reducing capital expenditure and total cost of ownership.
Cameron McNaught, EVP, Solutions, International Business, Fujitsu
“Our clients recognize that cloud-based services can offer significant improvements in agility and cost-savings but they also require flexibility in adopting cloud services so they can meet their individual needs. A one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work, which is why a hybrid approach to backup services is so important. EVault’s solutions make it the perfect partner for delivering Backup as a Service and so sustain our commitment to our customers to provide choice and agility through the Fujitsu Cloud service offerings.”
Pricing and Availability
The service is available from Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, and can be ordered via the portal http://welcome.globalcloud.global.fujitsu.com/?region=de. Price information is provided from there.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large, medium-sized and small businesses. The company offers a full portfolio of IT products, business solutions and services, ranging from workplace systems to datacenter solutions, managed services, and cloud-based software and solutions. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs approximately 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 11 juli, 2013