UNIX Server SPARC Enterprise M5000 features
Outstanding system availability and flexibility, with enterprise-class performance, reliability and virtualization. Up to 32 cores and 4 hardware partitions.
SPARC64™ VII+: Uplifting performance with the highest reliability
- Rich CPU resources such as max. 64 threads and 11MB level2 cache and the most efficient threading with the maximized resource use enable excellent performance
- Performance acceleration technologies including Simultaneous MultiThreading(SMT), super scalar, out of order, branch prediction and speculative execution
- Multi-level data protection; ECC (Error Checking and Correction) on cache memory, parity checking and instruction retry on Registers & ALU (Arithmetic and Logical Unit)
- Cutting-edge large system integration (LSI) technologies based on 65nm semiconductor technology means high performance and low power consumption
- With the same bus protocol in SPARC64™ VI and VII+ and incorporating mixed clock processor in a server , server upgrade cost can be minimized
With the newest and standard technologies across server, application performance improves according to processor enhancement.
- Doubled level2 cache compared to the previous SPARC64 processor , slashing data access time
- Max.64GB/sec data transmission performance
- Performance growth that matches hardware resource addition
- PCI-Express and Serial Attached SCSI, high speed serial interface support
- Memory interleave mechanism speeds memory access
Hardware availability fully assured by thorough data protection and component redundancy.
- Optional memory mirror mechanism assures memory access even in cases of multi-bits errors
- Hardware-level memory patrol detects memory errors with no exceptions
- ECC protection assures address and data bus traffic between LSI
- All major components including HDD, Power Supply Units and Fans can be configured redundantly and hot-swapped
- Total system redundancy, including server, storage and network using PRIMECLUSTER
With doubled performance, fine-grained partitioning and lowest performance overhead in virtualization, sever consolidation capacity is also doubled.
- Fine-grain highly reliable hardware partitioning (min. one CPU chip)
- Physically isolated independent partitions enable four secure, high-availability/reliability system environments to co-exist on the same server
- Max four physical partitions can be configured
- DR (Dynamic Reconfiguration) flexibly expands, isolates or reconfigures partitions without system stoppage
- Oracle Solaris Containers enable thousands of virtual OS partitions on top of each separate system environment, providing outstanding flexibility in workload and scale-out performance
- Swift system expansion by COD
- Remote OS boot (SAN Boot) via fibre-channel
SPARC/Oracle Solaris provides the certainty that protects your system assets and provides mission critical service.
- Oracle Solaris, No.1 market share, UNIX OS (based on UNIX System V Release 4)
- Application binary compatibility, ensures all your applications will run without change or recompilation
- SPARC64™ VI/VII+ and Oracle Solaris conform to the same SPARC V9 open processor architecture as all other SPARC processors and operating system versions. This provides the most stable roadmap into the future