Fujitsu World Tour 2015: Technology and Service Innovation at a City Near You
Fujitsu takes to the road again with its popular Fujitsu World Tour roadshow, under the banner ‘Human Centric Innovation: Experience the Hyper-Connected World’. With more than 10,000 attendees expected across 19 locations in spring/summer 2015, Fujitsu World Tour gives delegates a unique opportunity to find out how Fujitsu helps organizations deploy leading-edge technologies and solutions for business benefit. The events are delivered by national and global experts who interact through presentations, workshops, demonstrations and face-to-face meetings.
Fujitsu World Tour 2015 showcases the latest trends in data center technology, mobility, cloud, big data, and social media and introduces Fujitsu’s new value chain of end-to-end services, solutions and products. The latest technological Innovations will be presented, such as iris authentication and the Haptic Sensory Tablet that provides sensory input when an on-screen image is touched, for example, depending on the slipperiness or roughness of the object. For the second year in succession, Fujitsu Laboratories, the global network of research facilities that forms the central pillar of the Fujitsu Group's R&D, will also join the roadshow in most locations, bringing demonstrations of future-facing solutions for human-centric innovation to customer’s doorsteps.
Each event is designed as a forum where customers can discuss business challenges, gain inspiration on the topic of Human Centric Innovation in a Hyper-Connected World and see demonstrations of practical solutions for their ICT headaches. As customers have commented on previous events: “Fujitsu World Tour is not only about product talk, but incorporates the vision, the values and the direction that Fujitsu and the world are heading.”
Fujitsu recognizes that across industries and countries, technology plays an increasingly crucial role in everyday life. With the World Tour, Fujitsu is aiming to empower its customers by demonstrating how to leverage the unprecedented amount of ICT power at their fingertips. Dr. Joseph Reger, Chief Technology Officer for the EMEIA region at Fujitsu, says: “Today's hyper-connected world is dramatically changing the way we live and work: Technology is embedded in every aspect of business and society, and almost everything can be networked, resulting in huge quantities of data. Fujitsu aims to empower people with the intelligence and information to embrace this transformation, with the help of ICT.”
The highlight of Fujitsu Laboratories’ participation is the Madrid event on June 9, 2015. This includes the annual Fujitsu Innovation Gathering, Fujitsu Laboratories’ main European event. The Fujitsu World Tour will be Fujitsu’s biggest-ever roadshow in Spain, and is targeted at CTOs, delegates from the government and the public sector, academia and research organizations, as well as the wider business community.
Dr Adel Rouz, Executive Vice President of Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe, commented: “Fujitsu Laboratories already actively cooperates with Spanish academic institutions, government organizations and businesses. This is an important opportunity to demonstrate how innovation can be applied to solve real-world problems, focusing particularly on the role played by Big Data in our evolving society, and how we can apply our analytics expertise to provide a safer and more secure environment. Fujitsu Laboratories has also launched the Fujitsu Linked Open Data Challenge for Spain 2015 – a competition to encourage new concepts and applications, with five awards to be announced at the event .”
Complete package for attendees: Keynotes, break-out sessions, expert talks and exhibition
Throughout the Fujitsu World Tour 2015, Fujitsu and its partners will share insights into how customers can reshape the role of ICT within their business and societies. Each event includes four parts:
• High-level keynotes from Fujitsu executives, customers, futurists and industry experts
• Break-out sessions with Fujitsu experts from all over the world
• 1:1 expert talks to drill into individual business topics and challenges
• An exhibition where Fujitsu and its partners present their latest products, solutions and services
Event keynotes will feature Fujitsu executive management and industry experts to provide updates on the latest IT trends.
Locations and dates
Fujitsu will demonstrate how organizations can reduce the complexities involved in ICT, enabling true innovation across the entire enterprise. At all venues on the Fujitsu World Tour, Fujitsu will demonstrate its portfolio highlights together with partners including Intel, Microsoft, Brocade, Citrix and SuSE.
- Client Computing Devices: Fujitsu shows the recently launched LIFEBOOK notebook and 2 in 1 line-up featuring the latest 5th generation Intel Core vPro processor family, a fully ruggedized 8-inch industrial tablet STYLISTIC V535 and the unique, powerful 1U rack workstation CELSIUS C740 to boost graphics virtualization from the data center.
- Delivering choice in IaaS deployment: Fujitsu will help businesses to choose the right Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering, with a comprehensive portfolio of IaaS solutions spanning public, private hosted, enterprise private cloud sure to suit any organization’s specific workload demands while also meeting service level, security, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Security: More than 200 million people already use the highly-secure and hygienic PalmSecure authentication technology. As well as highlighting the innovative two-factor authentication FUJITSU PalmSecure ID Match solution that combines PalmSecure with ID cards and badges, Fujitsu demonstrates retail usage scenarios, plus mobile and workstation integration.
- FUJITSU Server: Fujitsu provides a comprehensive portfolio of server systems including industry-standard x86 PRIMERGY servers, mission-critical PRIMEQUEST systems that combine UNIX-matching high-availability features with x86 cost efficiency, and the Fujitsu M10, the UNIX/SPARC-based featuring the industry’s highest scalability.
- PRIMEFLEX Integrated Systems: Integrated systems allow organizations to accelerate their business expansion, eliminate complexity and reduce risk, by enabling the faster deployment of more powerful data center technologies. PRIMEFLEX enables a faster time to market while cutting operational cost. Offerings consist of a pre-integrated and pre-tested stack of server, storage and connectivity, coupled with software and management layers.
- Storage Solutions: Fujitsu provides Business-centric Storage disk systems, hyperscale content depots, data protection appliances and tape systems that allow customers to flexibly manage their increasing data volumes and benefit from a highly reliable architecture and radically simplified operations.
- SAP Solutions: As a trusted SAP Global Partner for over 40 years, Fujitsu has enabled thousands of customers worldwide to simplify, innovate and grow. Fujitsu’s expertise, in-depth industry knowledge and technology experience empowers customers to achieve business objectives and gain a competitive advantage.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu EMEIA
In Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), Fujitsu is a leading information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full portfolio of business-technology products, solutions and services, ranging from workplace systems to datacenter solutions, managed services, and cloud-based software and solutions. Fujitsu’s Vision is to enable a Human Centric Intelligent Society that creates value by connecting infrastructure, empowering people and creatively defining new forms of intelligence. In EMEIA Fujitsu employs approximately 28,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus.
Fujitsu Greece SA
48, Egialias str. & Epidavrou
Phone: +30 210 68 63 613
Senior PR Manager, Corporate Communications, Global Marketing
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 01 апреля, 2015