Energy Efficiency Measurements
To reduce its carbon footprint an electronic product shall have a minimized power consumption in all operating modes. Limits are defined by serveral national and international authorities.
Measure the power consumption under different conditions
- Voltage level
- Operating modes (e.g. sleep, idle, operating,...)
Relevant Internations Standards
- Energy Star - Requirements for computers, displays, servers, ...
- IEC/EN 62018 - Power consumption of information technology equipment (ITE)
Worldwide regulations for energy efficiency of ITE
- Europe: Implementing Directives of EUP
- Japan: Top Runner Program
- Korea: e-Standby Power Program
- China: Energy Efficiency of Computer Monitor
- and more