NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
PRIMERGY BX400 S1
Managing large computing and storage requirements with limited resources, budgets and space is a challenge. The Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY BX400 helps to solve it. It is a fully-featured blade system built from the ground up as a user-friendly and versatile IT infrastructure. Up to eight server and storage blades are all packed into a surprisingly small enclosure that is as easy to install and manage as it is to use.
Features & Benefits
|Features ||Benefits |
|Tailor-made for your Business|
- The Fujitsu PRIMERGY BX400 provides an optimum combination of up to eight server or storage blades in a small enclosure that is available as 6U rack- and floorstand-version.
- Combines server, storage and networking into a single chassis in order to convert it into a small data center and to deploy PRMERGY BX400 into an everyday office environment.
- Modular infrastructure to meet office and datacenter environments, designed to share components throughout the family making it easy to create, customize and grow.
- Latest Intel® Xeon® processors, scalable memory configurations and flexible 10GbE Universal Converged Network Adapter to provide a common infrastructure for LAN and SAN and the ability to partition the bandwidth, making it ideal to suit the needs of individual applications.
- Ideal suited as complement to x86 server virtualization with additional benefits such as improved manageability, availability, and operational efficiency from shared cable infrastructures or virtual input/output (I/O).
- Its smart design makes the PRIMERGY BX400 more flexible than other server solutions, offering easy scalability to protect your investments.
|Simple to Manage - Easy to Control |
- With ServerView you manage your servers and enclosures locally and remotely and take complete control regardless of the state of the server operating system.
- Additional software components to simplify the management of PRIMERGY servers in LAN and SAN environments while providing highest flexibility for deployment and operation.
- Simplified lifecycle management cuts server administration time by up to 60 percent, saving you even more effort and money.
|Enhanced Energy Optimization|
- Thanks to its highly efficient components, advanced cooling technology, and potent power management tools, the Fujitsu PRIMERGY BX400 also reduces cooling and air conditioning costs.
- More efficient use of power and cooling to save energy costs as never before.
|Characteristics||Affordable and fully-featured blade system built from the ground up to be user-friendly and versatile, saving time and costs for midsized companies.
|System unit type||6 U chassis for 19-inch rack, or floorstand version
|Weight||Rack: up to 98 kg / Floorstand: up to 112.5 kg
|Front bays||8 half height bays for server or storage blades
|Midplane||High speed midplane with 3 fabrics
|Rear bays||4 x for Connection Blades, 4 x for PSU/fan modules
|Management Blades||1x hot-plug management blade as standard, redundant management blades as option
|Fan configuration||Up to 3 additional hot plug, redundant fan modules
|Power supply configuration||Up to 4x hot-plug power supply modules (1x as standard)
|Operating buttons||On/off switch, ID button
|Status LEDs||Power (amber / green), System status (orange / yellow), Identification (blue)
|Service display||ServerView Local Service Display for Blade (LSB)
|Warranty period||3 years
|Warranty type||Onsite warranty
|Recommended Service||- 24x7, Onsite Response Time: 4h - For locations outside of EMEIA please contact your local Fujitsu partner.
|Service Lifecycle||5 years after end of product life
|FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX2560 M2|
|The FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX2560 M2 is a dual-socket server blade that addresses a broad set of workloads, from IT and web infrastructures up to high-performance computing applications. It harnesses the power of the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 2048 GB of RAM (using 128 GB DIMMs), two hot plug disk drives and two slots for additional mezzanine cards.
|FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX2580 M2|
|The PRIMERGY BX2580 M2 delivers improved performance for data centers and remote sites. The server blade is based on the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, offers up to 1536 GB of memory using 128GB DIMMs and up to two disk drives which makes it ideal for a broad spectrum of workloads.
|FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY SX960 S1|
|The Fujitsu PRIMERGY SX960 Storage Blade offers direct-attached storage for the PRIMERGY BX Blade Server with support of up to 10 hot-plug SAS or SATA hard disks. The storage blade can be inserted, like a server blade, in the front of the blade server housing. It can be hot-plugged and used with various types of server blades. The BX Blade Servers' midplanes offer PCI Express connections to the adjacent server blades, enabling top-quality memory access without using additional cables. The PRIMERGY SX960 Storage Blade has an onboard LSI MegaRAID controller with 512 MB Write Back Cache and optional Battery Backup Unit, for top performance and data security.
Use Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2012 or other software products of your choice to turn the SX960 into an iSCSI SAN for all severs in the enclosure. As part of a network-attached storage appliance, Windows Storage Server 2012 enhances the traditional file serving capabilities and delivers excellent economics for a shared storage solution by leveraging industry standard hardware matched with robust storage capabilities. It delivers continuous availability that is designed to protect from a range of failures and prevent downtime in a scalable and reliable manner.
|FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY SX980 S2|
|The Fujitsu PRIMERGY SX980 S2 is ideal suited for mid-sized organizations and branch offices which would like to expand their internal storage capacity within the PRIMERGY Blade Server chassis. The SX980 S2 is a SAS 2.0 storage solution that helps users easily transition from direct attached to centralized storage. This storage blade is connected via midplane to one or two SAS Connection Blades, holding up to 10 hot-plug SAS HDD’s or SSD’s, accessible by any server blade installed in the enclosure.
|PRIMERGY BX Ethernet Switch/IBP 1Gbit/s 36/8+2|
|The PRIMERGY Ethernet Switch/IBP 36/8+2 is an integrated 1 Gb Connection Blade for use in the PRIMERGY BX400 and BX900 chassis. It can be installed in each Connection Blade slot (4x in BX400, 8x in BX900) and provides 36 downlink ports each with 1 Gb to the midplane to connect with the Server Blades.
|FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX Ethernet Switch 10/40Gbit/s 18/8+2|
|The PRIMERGY Ethernet Switch 18/8+2 is an integrated 10/40 Gbit/s Ethernet connection blade with DCB mode for use in the PRIMERGY BX400 and BX900 blade server chassis. Collaboration with Top of Rack (ToR) switches enables for operation of converging FCoE, extending usage areas comprehensively.