Transnet SOC ensures employees identification and access management with PalmSecure and bioLock via shared kiosk systems
"Users are authenticated biometrically before they can access SAP ERP systems via shared access kiosks. We no longer have to worry about password fraud from users at all."
Mapula Mano SAP ERP Specialist, Plant Maintenance Sales & Distribution, Transnet SOC Ltd.
Transnet SOC Ltd. deploys Fujitsu PalmSecure and valantic bioLock™ to ensure Biometric Identification and Access Management.
Transnet SOC Ltd. is the largest and most crucial part of the freight logistics chain that delivers goods to each and every South African. Every day Transnet delivers thousands of tons of goods through its pipelines, and both to and from its ports. It moves that cargo on to ships for export while it unloads goods from overseas. Transnet is fully owned by the South African government but operates as a corporate entity aimed at both supporting and contributing to the country’s freight logistics network.
- Enable users with limited computer literacy or SAP proficiency to easily interact with systems
- Minimize training requirements
- Accommodate multi-lingual needs
- Enforce biometric authentication of all SAP data access
- Lower Maintenance costs – keep plants & depots running more efficiently
Fujitsu PalmSecure readers and the valantic bioLock biometric security software were implemented by authorized valantic partner Linx/AS Africa (Johannesburg).
- SAP ERP data available to non-specialist users at shared kiosks
- User interface simplified to show only task-related information
- Biometrically controlled access to information prevents password sharing / fraudulent access
- Downtime reduced through avoiding time-consuming password resets
Read the full Transnet case study (1.63 MB /A4, 2 pages)
Share this page