Sberbank helps Russian schools introducing a highly safe and reliable authentication platform
"Speed is of the essence in the school canteen with lots of hungry mouths to feed within a very tight timeframe; Fujitsu PalmSecure makes that process faster by automating payment. And parents have total visibility of every transaction so they know when money is being spent on fast food and candy"
Yana Pavlova, Head of Customer Relations, Sberbank
Sberbank is the leading circulatory platform in the Russian economy, accounting for one third of its banking system, including 14 territorial banks and over 16,000 branches throughout the country across eleven time zones. It offers the widest selection of banking services for retail customers, from traditional deposits and various types of loans to bank cards, money transfers, bank insurance and brokerage services. The company employs over 260,000 qualified professionals who work together to produce world class products and services.
Sberbank wanted to offer schools the opportunity to securely and reliably manage canteen transactions, giving parents visibility of how their children spend lunch money.
After looking at fingerprint and iris recognition, the company turned to Fujitsu PalmSecure, a contactless, intuitive authentication platform that captures unique palm-vein signatures. This solution has now been rolled out to over 40 schools with more to follow.
- Students no longer need to carry cash, reducing the risk of it being lost or stolen
- PalmSecure is contactless and boasts market-leading recognition rates, making it effective in a canteen environment
- Reduces queues and ensures that everyone gets fed within a tight daily time frame
- Sberbank generate’s revenue through a minimal commission charge for topping up via other banks
- Parents have total visibility of what their children are buying and so can better manage their diets
Read the full Sberbank case study (348 KB/A4, 2 pages)
Share this page