vShape Reference Architectures
5 things to consider when going for virtualization, and cloud, and how vShape can help
- Invest with a long-term view: Analyst estimates suggest that for Large Enterprises (LEs) data grows at 60% a year, and up to 180% for SMEs. Fujitsu vShape solves this problem by providing converged implementations based on highly scalable and modular reference architectures. These satisfy future capacity requirements without limiting performance or functionality.
- Implement virtualization and cloud infrastructures efficiently: With clear management and consolidation benefits, virtualization and cloud are a commonplace IT reality; the benefits can be seen immediately, and new services are available within minutes. vShape supports the consolidation of IT, which means you need less hardware and can use what you have more efficiently, reducing operational costs and efforts. With scalable architectures tailored to application requirements, the purchase cost, deployment time and provisioning time are all lowered.
- Take a holistic approach to virtualization and cloud: When implementing virtual or cloud environments storage performance is key, as are data availability and security. vShape provides convincing solutions for various workloads, and is based on servers and storage systems with highest performance, as well as first-class high availability and security features. vShape is a dynamic infrastructure concept supporting various network deployments including Fibre Channel, Ethernet and converged implementations.
- Avoid vendor lock-in: Many IT stacks contain non-standard components, which automatically lead to vendor lock-in. vShape uses standard technologies, which can easily be implemented into any IT environment – without lock-in. This removes the risk, lowers deployment and implementation costs (dedicated training courses are not necessary), and increases investment protection.
- One single point of contact for the complete solution: A comprehensive IT environment includes many components which need to be synchronized. These are often provided by many suppliers – each one with different contact persons and processes. This leads to huge manual effort. Fujitsu vShape reference architectures remove the headaches of self-configuration, and guarantee a tested and perfectly synchronized combination of reliable components. With vShape, we combin best-of-breed technologies from Fujitsu, and partners, with the advantages of just one contact person for the whole infrastructure stack. You can trust a simple and fast process combined with easy, risk-free handling; allowing you to spend less time on IT, and more time focusing on your core business.