Cutting-edge supercomputer utilizing technology from the supercomputer Fugaku
High-performance, highly scalable, highly reliable, superior power-saving supercomputer
The PRIMEHPC series is equipped the same A64FX CPU as in the supercomputer Fugaku developed together with Japan’s leading research institute, RIKEN. It achieves extremely high performance for the amount of power it consumes, and features high scalability.
With these models it is possible to achieve a safe, secure society through things like accelerating the development of new medicines, reducing and preventing natural disasters, developing new materials, manufacturing without the need for prototyping, resolving societal issues, progressing cutting-edge research, and boosting business competitiveness.
High-performance, highly scalable yet very reliable supercomputer for extremely large-scale systemsThanks to its use of the same technology as the supercomputer Fugaku, this model is capable of providing theoretical peak performance of more than 1.3 Exaflops. Not only does it provide high-performance, high scalability and high reliability, it also realizes the world's greatest levels of ultra-low power consumption. It will open new horizons for research and development involving supercomputers.
An easily deployed model in the PRIMEHPC series based on standard technology and using the same A64FX CPU as the supercomputer FugakuA high-performance Arm server featuring the same A64FX CPU as the supercomputer Fugaku.
It can be mounted in conventional 19-inch racks and is air-cooled, making it easy to deploy.
PRIMEHPC FX1000 Features
- Same architecture as the supercomputer Fugaku, providing theoretical peak performance of more than 1.3 Exaflops
- High-density installation featuring direct water cooling with a cooling ratio of over 90%
- Software stack with an extensive usage track record in large-scale systems
PRIMEHPC FX700 Features
- Using the same A64FX CPU as the supercomputer Fugaku
- Small form factor and air cooling enabling easy deployment
- HPC software support
Supercomputer Processor Accelerating Digital Transformation
The A64FX processor developed by Fujitsu becomes the heart of supercomputers that can perform quick simulations and analyze large data sets. Supercomputers with this processor perform at a high level, are highly reliable and offer a strong performance vs. power ratio.
Fields of Application for PRIMEHPC
New medicine, new materials developmentPerforming more calculations with high accuracy in simulations on materials for medicines, we can expect exciting advances to be made in the field of new medicine development.
Disaster prevention and mitigationWe can expect greater logical disaster prevention planning thanks to advances in multi-disaster and city-scale combined disaster prediction that are now possible.
Establish prototype-less manufacturingWe can look forward to developments using high-level simulations in the implementation of never-before-seen technology for new cars and other manufactured goods.
June 28, 2021Press Release
- Japan's Fugaku Retains Title as World's Fastest Supercomputer for three consecutive terms
June 23, 2021Press Release
- Fujitsu Demonstrates High Performance Simulations for Industrial Use Cases with Commercial Applications on the World’s Fastest Supercomputer, Fugaku
June 22, 2021Press Release
- Fujitsu Japan Embarks on Joint Research for COVID-19 Therapies Using World’s Fastest Supercomputer with Researchers of Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo
- Department of Materials Engineering, The University of Tokyo Material Modelling Lab
Making the most of supercomputers as a driving force for creative thinking as well as for molecular dynamics calculations (907 KB)
- International Center for Elementary Particle Physics (ICEPP), The University of Tokyo
Exploring the Possibilities of Utilizing Supercomputers for Data Analysis with the PRIMEHPC FX700 (276 KB)
- University of Regensburg
UNDERSTANDING THE UNIVERSE: Looking beyond the Standard Model of particle physics using a supercomputer
- National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Accelerating the societal implementation of AI with AI Bridging Cloud Infrastructure (ABCI)
- Kyushu University
Realization of a New Concept Supercomputer That Integrates the Fields of Data Science and HPC
Fujitsu Strongly Supports the RIKEN AIP Center, Which Aspires to Be a World-Leading AI Research Facility