FUJITSU Supercomputer PRIMEHPC
Cutting-edge supercomputer utilizing technology from the supercomputer Fugaku
May 30, 2022
March 7, 2022
March 3, 2022
High-performance, highly scalable, highly reliable, superior power-saving supercomputer
The PRIMEHPC series is equipped the same A64FX CPU as in the supercomputer Fugaku developed together with Japan’s leading research institute, RIKEN. It achieves extremely high performance for the amount of power it consumes, and features high scalability.
With these models it is possible to achieve a safe, secure society through things like accelerating the development of new medicines, reducing and preventing natural disasters, developing new materials, manufacturing without the need for prototyping, resolving societal issues, progressing cutting-edge research, and boosting business competitiveness.
High-performance, highly scalable yet very reliable supercomputer for extremely large-scale systemsThanks to its use of the same technology as the supercomputer Fugaku, this model is capable of providing theoretical peak performance of more than 1.3 Exaflops. Not only does it provide high-performance, high scalability and high reliability, it also realizes the world's greatest levels of ultra-low power consumption. It will open new horizons for research and development involving supercomputers.
An easily deployed model in the PRIMEHPC series based on standard technology and using the same A64FX CPU as the supercomputer FugakuA high-performance Arm server featuring the same A64FX CPU as the supercomputer Fugaku.
It can be mounted in conventional 19-inch racks and is air-cooled, making it easy to deploy.
PRIMEHPC FX1000 Features
- Same architecture as the supercomputer Fugaku, providing theoretical peak performance of more than 1.3 Exaflops
- High-density installation featuring direct water cooling with a cooling ratio of over 90%
- Software stack with an extensive usage track record in large-scale systems
PRIMEHPC FX700 Features
- Using the same A64FX CPU as the supercomputer Fugaku
- Small form factor and air cooling enabling easy deployment
- HPC software support
Supercomputer Fugaku was jointly developed by RIKEN and Fujitsu, with up to 100 times the application execution performance of the K computer: it achieved number one in four supercomputer performance rankings for 4 terms in a row.
- Read more
PRIMEHPC FX700University of RegensburgUNDERSTANDING THE UNIVERSE: Looking beyond the Standard Model of particle physics using a supercomputer
PRIMEHPC FX700Department of Materials Engineering, The University of Tokyo Material Modelling LabMaking the most of supercomputers as a driving force for creative thinking as well as for molecular dynamics calculations (907 KB)
PRIMEHPC FX700International Center for Elementary Particle Physics (ICEPP), The University of TokyoExploring the Possibilities of Utilizing Supercomputers for Data Analysis with the PRIMEHPC FX700 (276 KB)
Fields of Application for PRIMEHPC
Digital Science (Disaster mitigation, novel drug/material development)
PRIMEHPC contributes to solutions to social problems, acceleration of state-of-the-art studies, and strengthening corporate competitiveness, as it is used for a wide range of research and development activities—including the development of techniques to support diagnoses and medical treatment in medical fields and AI applications in autonomous driving technology development, as well as for conventional computer simulations for analyzing typhoon mechanisms and designing of new drugs.
- Typhoon mechanism analyses
- New drug design
- Techniques to support diagnoses and medical treatments in medical fields
- AI applications in autonomous driving technology development, etc.
Manufacturing — without the need for creating prototypes
Technical computing solutions such as PRIMEHPC FX1000 contribute to reductions in lead time and cost for product development and the improvements in the performance, quality and functions of the product.
- Multidimensional validation of the end product using 3D CAD data, including its functions and productivity
- Analysis of aerodynamics and electromagnetic waves
Large-scale numerical simulation environments are essential for R&D in the aerospace field. With its forte in being able to be scaled up, the PRIMEHPC FX1000 is expected to play an active role in research in new fields such as artificial intelligence (AI), as well as enhancing the performance of numerical simulations.
- Further strengthening of global competitiveness for aerospace research in the numerical simulation field
- Large-scale data analysis infrastructure for satellite observation
- AI computing infrastructure for joint research studies, etc.
May 30, 2022News
- Supercomputer Fugaku retains first place worldwide in HPCG and Graph500 rankings
March 7, 2022News
- Fujitsu and Tokyo Medical and Dental University leverage world’s fastest supercomputer and AI technology for scientific discovery to shed light on drug resistance in cancer treatment
March 3, 2022News
- Fujitsu leverages world’s fastest supercomputer and AI tech in joint field trial for safe and efficient tsunami evacuations in Kawasaki City