ETERNUS SF - Flexible Data Management
The ETERNUS SF storage management software is the “Flexible Data Management” umbrella solution for the entire storage infrastructure with ETERNUS DX systems. All essential operations for storage resource management, monitoring, reporting, tiered storage, performance management, disaster resilience and business continuity are integrated.
The uniform management for the entire storage infrastructure covers:
- All ETERNUS DX disk storage systems from entry-level through the high-end
- SAN network components and SAN attached servers
- Virtualized server infrastructures
ETERNUS SF maximizes the benefits of the “Flexible Data Safe” concept and improves operational efficiency. A high degree of automation and an easy to learn, easy to handle graphical user interface eases all management tasks for the daily work. Storage resource optimization including implementation of policies for enhancing storage integration and operation, error discovery, health monitoring, capacity management, provisioning, cloning, backup, restore, and disaster recovery are presented with a consistent user friendly look and feel. Once learned with a single system the operation learning curve for administrators can be extended to the whole storage infrastructure of an enterprise. In addition to the cost savings given by the ergonomic and unified storage management, customers are also able to eliminate unnecessary maintenance fees as also complex storage management operations can be executed without high-level skills of expensive vendor’s intervention.
Within a single pane of glass the ETERNUS SF storage management software is modular segmented operational parts. A flexible and transparent license model guarantees that customers pay only needed functionalities and such can grow with rising requirements. Especially shaped for the ETERNUS DX entry level disk storage systems the bundled ETERNUS SF Express simplifies storage system management and maintenance. The Express software monitors also multiple ETERNUS DX entry disk storage systems with one centralized console. Once the storage infrastructure grows, a seamless upgrade with full functionality is possible by simply entering the respective license keys.
ETERNUS SF at a glance:
- Management of all infrastructure devices based on a unified view
- Visualization of the relations between storage and physical servers or virtual servers
- Early detection and elimination of performance issues through performance monitoring
- Reduced initial system infrastructure through thin provisioning
- Fault management with support for fault resolution Hardware investment optimization through automated storage tiering
- Reduced storage system power consumption
- Central AdvancedCopy management