Next-generation FUJITSU U-Scan Genesis II Self-Checkout Receives Consumer Satisfaction Scores Exceeding 90 Percent
Successful completion of field trials leads to availability across North America
Fujitsu America Inc.
"The Fujitsu Genesis II Self-Checkout Solution, including the new technology enhancements and increased self-checkout speeds, have significantly helped us improve our level of service and the customer experience," said Don Mascola, vice president of IT and In-Store Service at Food City, K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. "Fujitsu is our partner of choice because they truly listen to our needs, understand our customers and are invested in helping us achieve our business goals by delivering solutions that are tailor-made for an ever-evolving retail industry."
U-Scan Genesis II Self-Checkout builds upon the highly successful FUJITSU Genesis hardware and software product lines, enabling retailers to modify their self-checkout stations to best fit their unique needs with customizable features and finishes, modular bagging platform configurations, and flexible compatibility with compliant and supported self-checkout software. Specific enhancements being introduced include:
- Best–in-class cash handling devices offer faster operating, higher capacity and easier-to-maintain note and coin acceptors as well as dispensers with improved security features, enabling overall lower energy consumption and remote management capabilities.
- Improved ergonomic design, with an updated and repositioned internal note dispenser and receipt printer, makes it faster and easier for consumers to find and use. No cash or receipt devices are positioned below the scanner plane, improve ADA/ANSI compliance. A new high-bright customer display and stereo high-fidelity audio system enhance the self-checkout user experience.
- LED brilliant blue light bars help direct consumers to cash devices faster and are synchronized with the U-Scan software user interface animations and audio guidance to further facilitate the ease and speed of use.
- Barcode scanning technology choices include Honeywell's newest 2D hybrid image/scanner with integrated produce scales and security tag deactivation technology. Consumers also can redeem e-coupons or access loyalty programs from a smart phone bar or quick response (QR) code.
- Newly introduced U-Scan 5.0 software features Windows 7 support, an enhanced mobile attendant functionality, configuration tools and automatic updates required for a truly flexible retail system and fully "backwards-compatible" with earlier Fujitsu U-Scan solutions.
"We are very proud of our partnership with Food City and their recent success using the Fujitsu Genesis II solution," said Marc Janssens, executive vice president, Retail and Platform Products, Fujitsu America, Inc. "One of our biggest ambitions at Fujitsu is to delight our customers' customers, so to hear that we've contributed to enhancing Food City's customer experience means we've achieved an important goal. We are truly excited about this positive feedback and look forward to providing K-VA-T and other retailers with technology that offers the best consumer shopping experience."
Fujitsu has worked with retailers across the globe for three decades providing a premier customer experience and driving business efficiencies that increase sales, operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Their portfolio of retail solutions, combined with a legacy of innovation and industry performance benchmarks, have made it possible for retailers to stay ahead of the competition and industry advancements to expand their market share.
Fujitsu U-Scan Genesis II Self-Checkout can be used across any self-checkout deployments in any retail store format. It is currently available for integration at new and existing self-checkout retailers throughout North America.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu America, Inc. is a leading ICT solutions provider for organizations in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. U-Scan and U-Scan Genesis are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Frontech North America Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140618/119400
Date: December 08, 2014
City: Sunnyvale, CA