Fujitsu Takes Self-checkout Point of Service to the Next Level
Reliability, increased staff productivity, and lower costs are the top three benefits retailers expect to realize through their instore technology. Fujitsu’s integrated support tool Integro maximizes reliability and speed of service support of U-Scan by fixing problems locally– eliminating time-consuming outbound support calls by staff. As well as enabling employees to focus on the needs of customers, Integro empowers staff with rich data and powerful tools that automate remote support tasks, while simultaneously providing out-of-the-box reports delivering big data for analysis and giving a complete overview of the solution.
Usability is also enhanced by the myU-Scan Mobile Application which reduces transaction time and personalizes cross-channel customer service by allowing individual customization at any U-Scan station in any store. Available for Android and iOS devices, myU-Scan delivers a unique Quick Response (QR) Barcode to customers’ mobile devices. Therefore personalized identification data and pre-selected shopping and payment preferences as well as lists of favorite items are easily to hand at the checkout and available for reuse or editing.
To help mass merchandisers, do-it-yourself (DIY) stores, drugstores, convenience stores and other retailers achieve their objectives, the U-Scan Genesis II solution comprises:
- Best–in-class cash handling tools: includes an easier-to-maintain coin and note dispenser that offers higher capacity, faster and more accurate validation, lower energy consumption and remote capabilities.
- Improved ergonomics: better placement of note and receipt devices, stereo high-fidelity audio, ADA/ANSI compliant, and acclaimed engineering design in self-service.
- Barcode scanning technology choices: Honeywell’s newest 2D hybrid image/scanner with integrated produce scales and security tag deactivation technology. Consumers can redeem e-coupons or access loyalty programs from a smart phone bar or QR Barcodes.
- LED brilliant blue light bars: help direct consumers with their transactions, are synchronized with the U-Scan user-interface test, and contain animations as well as audio guidance.
- Modular security technology: U-Scan Genesis carousel is available in various formats and platform versions. There are several height bag riser as well as expandability options for up to eight bags, making the modules secure and efficient to meet a broad range of requirements.
- U-Scan 5.0 software: features Windows 7 support, an enhanced mobile attendant functionality, configuration tools and automatic updates that are required for a truly flexible retail system.
Recognized internationally as a leader in a wide range of retail solutions, Fujitsu has worked with retailers across the globe for three decades, enabling a premier customer experience and creating synergy effects leading to increased sales as well as improved operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction. The self-checkout solutions, its best practices and industry performance benchmarks that have been established, make it possible for retailers to keep abreast of technological advancements in the industry and expand their market share.
David Concordel, Senior Vice President Global Retail, International Business, Fujitsu
“Self-checkout is an important part of the Point of Service mix, particularly for mass merchandisers. The U-Scan Genesis II solution enables retail establishments to stay ahead of the competition and maximize their return on investment, while exceeding customer expectations. By listening to our customers and building technology to address their needs, Fujitsu continues to expand our footprint in the industry with self-checkout solutions and services that support retailers’ performance objectives and their commitment to customers.”
Pricing and availability
U-Scan Genesis II will be available to retail customers globally through Fujitsu from Summer 2014.
At EuroCIS, you can find Fujitsu at booth C75 in hall 6 from February 16 to 20, 2014. Please visit us at the stand or contact us to arrange an interview with one of our retail experts.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
Address: Square Marie Curie 12, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0) 2 536 64 15
Mobile: +32 (0) 473 96 06 43
Fax: +32 (0) 2 536 64 12
Marketing & Communications Manager
Date: 17 February, 2014