Virtual Products & Assembly Process Simulator
COLMINA Digital Manufacturing FJVPS
COLMINA Digital Manufacturing FJVPS Virtual Product and Process Simulator
The production department creates a manufacturing bill of materials(M-BOM), BOP that aggregates manufacturing process information, and many manufacturing documents.
FJVPS is a digital manufacturing system that aggregates manufacturing information related to assembly and allows you to visually edit the composition of manufacturing information such as M-BOM and BOP using 3D model data.
In the process of editing M-BOM and BOP information, you can simulate the assembly method, find problems in assembly, and consider an efficient assembly process.
Operations and processes are displayed in a flow. Then, by adding various manufacturing information to each operation and process, manufacturing information related to assembly is collected in FJVPS.
Using these manufacturing information and 3D data, it is possible to improve the efficiency of creating various manufacturing documents such as work instructions, process bills, process FMEA, and QC process charts.
"COLMINA Digital Manufacturing FJVPS" can create assembly instruction video. The video can be played on an LCD monitor installed on the workbench of the production line. Using this digital workbench, it is possible not only to show the workers exactly how to operate in each process, but also record each opration time and inspection results.
FJVPS key benefits
FJVPS realizes, improvement of quality and production time of the early period of mass production as well as early improvement with design quality. The simple operation that even a CAD inexperienced person is usable.
- 50-80% of the design error was detected on a virtual prototype beforehand.
- The remaining defect item concerning assembly vanished before it approved.
- The drawing change rate after approval became 1/6.
- Defective assembly was able to be reduced to 1/5 in 1.5 years.
- The assembly trouble 80% reduction that was the initial goal was achieved in four years.
Productivity enhancement and cost reduction.
- The start-up period of the prototype was able to be adjusted to 1/15.
- The development period was shortened to six months, and the development cost was reduced to 1/2.
- FJVPS harness option was used, and the design period was able to be moved up for one month.
Shortening at lead time and period
- The man-hour of making the work procedure manual has been reduced by 30-40%.
- Communication between design and other business segment have been improved.
- Suggestions for improvement (ex. Mechanism operation, assembly, and check of serviceability) became possible without a real machine.
- The metal mold correction cost was reduced by half by the front-loading by FJVPS.
FJVPS case study
Shimadzu Corporation (analytical & measuring instruments)
- The start of production duties was hastened by a design revue using FJVPS. Rework and frequency of trial productions of actual equipment were decreased.
- Man-hours required for document preparation were cut in half. assembly procedure sheets, parts lists, service manuals, instruction manuals, etc. Man-hours required for the illustrations of harnesses and cables has been reduced by 10%.
- Product information data sharing with the FJVPS server. Work efficiency, consistency and maintainability are improved.
Liquid chromatograph mass spectrometer "LCMS-IT-TOF"
AMADA (Metalworking machinery and devices)
Reduction of indirect operations, logistic cost, and improvement of maintenance serviceability have been achieved in addition to a 50% reduction of the product development period.
- Promoting front loading, and aiming at reduction of development period & cost reduction.It was possible to shorten the period from development to release on the market to 11 months, which had conventionally required about 2 years.
- A study/review for grouping and routing of wiring, hoses, etc. by utilizing FJVPS is executed from the planning stage.The development man-hour and time related to wiring and piping were reduced by 40%.
- FJVPS has also been utilized for the study/review on optimization of efficient loading methods on trucks as well as containers for overseas transportation. The success of such efforts has brought about a 19% reduction in logistic expense and a 30% reduction in the logistic delivery period.
Prior study/review, decision of wiring and piping routes
Jatco (Automatic transmission for automobiles)
- Challenges in reducing lead time before starting mass production.Jatco has undertaken formulation of the environment for utilizing 3D data where the functions of products, component characteristics and names, relationship with preceding & post processes about components to be assembled in charge, and precautions for safety can be learnt virtually
- Work proficiency before formulation of a mass-production line is realized using the animation function of FJVPS. - The staff in charge of the production site can routinely make full use of DMU, and feedback knowledge of the site into the animation for work proficiency by themselves. - The variability of the teacher side was also reduced on a global scale on certain projects, and as a result, the man-hours on the student side after proficiency was also reduced by nearly 40%.
Animation for proficiency in work at vital points
- FJVPS MFG
FJVPS MFG will examine the assembly feasibility on the virtual prototype and realize front loading, quality improvement and efficiency of production preparation work. It supports production preparation work such as examination of "assembly procedure, man-hour, process balance", evaluation of assemblyability, preparation of manufacturing documents, education of workers.
- FJVPS DMU
FJVPS DMU enables difficult verification work in 3D-CAD. Its comfortable operability and performance will encourage effective use of 3D data in all sectors. Static / dynamic interference between components and operating conditions of mechanical mechanisms are expressed easily in 3D, and design reviews among engineers and related departments can be performed smoothly.
- FJVPS Harness
FJVPS Harness supports verification of flexible bodies such as cables and wire harnesses that were impossible with conventional digital mockups. More realistic verification such as presence of interference according to the movement of the moving part is possible.
- FJVPS Assembly Animation
FJVPS Assembly Animation is specialized in duties to edit CAD assembly structure for structure in consideration of an assembling procedure and to make an animation of the assembling. It includes Creating Assemble Procedure, Create Assembly Animation and basic functions of DMU and is used simply and immediately in a beginner and a middle scale user. Both stand-alone licenses and floating licenses are offered.
- FJVPS Document Interface
FJVPS Document Interface can output MFG flow information and snap shot image made by FJVPS Assembly Animation to make various documents(Assembly procedure manual, identification tag, parts list and so on) or to cooperate with MBOM system. The Excel macro that can make a work procedure manual automatically is provided by its output data.
- FJVPS Viewer (Free)
FJVPS Viewer can identify model shape, parts property, MFG flow information and MFG animation. Also measure and search functions are available.
- FJVPS Assembly Process Viewer (Free)
This module is provided for the viewing of VPS assembly information (assembly blocks, animations, and 3D models) on mobile device. (iOS, Android)
manual download for iOS: English Japanese
for Android: English Japanese
FJVPS Assembly Animation
|Display 3D-model shape||yes||-||yes||-||yes||-||yes||yes|
|Show MFG flow, MFG animation playback||yes||yes||-||-||yes||-||yes||yes|
|Measurement, Cross section||yes||-||yes||-||yes||-||yes||-|
|Create / review harness||-||-||-||yes||-||-||-||-|
|Edit assembling flow||yes||yes||-||-||yes||-||-||-|
|Assembly/disassembly animation creation||yes||yes||-||-||yes||-||-||-|
|Detecting collisions in animation||yes||yes||-||-||yes||-||-||-|
|Output flow data, Output snap shots||yes||yes||-||-||-||yes*||-||-|
|Process split, Resource assignment||yes||yes||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Touch panel operations||yes||-||yes||-||yes||-||yes||yes|
*Outputting flow info and snapshots made by FJVPS Assembly Animation for making various documents
FJVPS Standard, MFG, DMU, Harness : Floating license
FJVPS Assembly Animation, Document Interface : Floating license or Stand alone license
FJVPS Viewer, Assembly Process Viewer: license free
FJVPS DMU is necessary to run FJVPS MFG and Harness.
FJVPS Assembly Animation is necessary to run FJVPS Document Interface.
FJVPS product requirements
Use this information to ensure you are always work with FJVPS supported and optimized system for hardware and operating system software.
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, Pro (Win32/x64)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Pro (Win32/x64)
Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise, Pro (Win32/x64)
|CPU||1GHz and above|
|Physical memory (RAM)||2GB and above (4 GB and above is recommended)|
|Hard disk capacity||1GB and above|
|Graphics card||memory 128MB and above|
|supporting OpenGL accelerator|
|CAD Data Interface||FJICAD/SX, FJICAD/MX, NX, NX I-deas,PTC Creo Parametric (former Pro/E), PTC Creo Elements/Direct, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, CATIA V5*, Autodesk Inventor, Parasolid*, JT*, STL, VRML 2.0|
* All Interfaces except Parasolid, JT and CATIA V5 are offered free.