Fujitsu Software BS2000 LMS
Creates and manages program libraries and processes the contained program members
Current version: V3.6
The library maintenance system LMS creates and manages program libraries and processes the program members contained therein. Program libraries are BS2000 PAM files which are processed with the program library access method (PLAM). For this reason they are also known as PLAM libraries.
The main advantages are as follows:
- all member types can be stored in a library with a uniform command language,
- only members with the same name, but with a different version designation or type, can exist,
- version designations are incremented automatically,
- simultaneous write access to the libraries of several users is also possible,
- differentiated access rights can be assigned to each member,
- access to members can be monitored,
- a uniform data repository with standardized access functions is available for most of the data elements arising during a software engineering process and,
- the utility routines and compilers can access this repository and process the individual elements directly.
LMS thus supports the creation, maintenance and documentation of programs.