FUJITSU Server BS2000 SE310
The SE server for the entry-level and medium performance range - and thus positioned especially for medium-sized customers - provides highly scalable, sufficient performance for the simultaneous operation of several operating systems based on high-end Intel x86 technology. The same advantages in manageability, integration, flexibility and availability apply as for the SE710 server lines.
The new Fujitsu BS2000 SE310 servers are equipped with up to 2 BS2000 processors. Due to their processor performance, configurability and scalability, SE310 systems are located below the SE710 system series in the mono processor and maximum achievable performance values. The SE310 system series provides BS2000 performance exclusively on the basis of Intel's x86 technology. The highly available infrastructure provides all the necessary system components that are crucial for economical operation of the overall application. This means that all applications or application parts can use the optimum system platform without having to give up central system administration.
Against the background that applications are dependent on many different IT systems, the unique architecture concept of the SE310 series offers the optimal platform for every deployment scenario. At the same time, the modular design of the SE310 infrastructure opens up completely new applications for companies in the data center.
- x86-based server units for BS2000 applications
- x86-based application units for operation under Linux, Windows or VMware
- Shared tape or disk peripherals
- Fast internal server infrastructure to connect components to each other and to the customer SAN
An essential objective in the development of the SE servers was a uniform management concept that offers a maximum of integration and ensures a very economical operation of the IT. This includes cross-system administration with a modern browser-based interface as a single point of operation, common system monitoring of all components, a common service procedure and all possibilities for consolidation through virtualization. A further development stage is the support of management clusters for central operation and administration and of live migration clusters for the uninterrupted relocation of a running BS2000 guest system from one server to another. The new SE310 servers thus permit particularly stable system operation, which not only includes the mainframe platforms already known to be particularly fail-safe, but also application units and the infrastructure and peripherals used by the SE server.
The SE310 models are equipped as complete HW/SW packages with all necessary components to support comfortable and efficient BS2000 operation. In addition to internal hard disks (e.g. ETERNUS DX100 S4), which are connected directly to the SE310 via RAID controllers, and a very compact MBK unit (e.g. ETERNUS LT140 S4) for automated backup, mid-range and enterprise storage systems of the ETERNUS DX series can also be connected via Fibre Channel.
MBK libraries and the tape virtualization solution ETERNUS CS High-End can also be connected via Fibre Channel.
With the FUJITSU Server BS2000 SE310 several Application Units (AU) can optionally be used, which enable the use of a multitude of additive usage scenarios.
OSD Extended Configuration OSD/XC is the BS2000 operating system package for the servers of the SE server line. The FUJITSU servers BS2000 SE310 are supported from OSD/XC V10.0, which consists of the operating system BS2000 OSD/BC V10.0 and a number of system-related software products.
|Outstanding properties of the SE310 infrastructure for use in the entry-level to medium performance range
- Newly developed processors of the Intel® Xeon® Gold 6242 line with 16 cores and 2.8 GHz frequency
- 1 – 2 processors
- Live Migration (LM) of operating system and applications
- Integration of HW technologies in a 19-inch standard rack
- 16 Gbit/s Fibre Channel channels
- Support of 10 Gbit/s LAN
- Capacity on Demand for temporary processor activation
- lower energy consumption
- Increased system performance for all customer applications
- Individual scalability and optimal performance
- Attractively priced model entry, high system flexibility, low operating costs
- Maximum performance between the SE units and to the customer network
- No interrupt, no loss in performance
- Flexible modification of existing performance to meet the requirements of customer applications
- Comprehensive, intelligent energy management reduces energy consumption
|Openness and integration of various server systems and the peripherals
- Shared tape and disk peripherals and fast internal server infrastructure to connect components to each other and to the customer LAN or SAN
- The consolidation of different applications from the mainframe world and the open world creates advantages for the performance and utilization of the server
- Standardized SLA and service management with central remote service access increases data security
- Optimal support of business processes by a standardized service concept
- Maximum availability of all applications and services in mainframe quality
|Central, comfortable and cross-system web-based management
- Integrated HW management for servers, storage and network
- VM management
- Performance and Energy monitoring
- Central and comfortable operation and administration of all applications on the SE server on one web-based interface
- Common system monitoring of all components enables end-to-end, low-cost operation with optimal use of resources