Fujitsu’s Integrated End-to-End IoT Solutions Gain Momentum
- Fujitsu identified as a visionary vendor in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Managed M2M Services
- Annual R&D investment exceeding US$2 billion for new technologies including IoT solutions
This was noted by independent research house Gartner Inc, which included Fujitsu as a visionary vendor in its recently published Magic Quadrant for Managed M2M Services, Worldwide 1
. Gartner also lists Fujitsu as a representative vendor for Managed IoT Services in its Market Guide for Managed IoT Services
Fujitsu has long experience in the IoT field, dating back to early RFID and machine-to-machine systems. This draws from Fujitsu expertise in applications, networking, embedded technologies and sensors and leverages the company’s core capabilities in providing managed services for enterprise IT. The full range of IoT offerings from Fujitsu, from edge processing to core back-end cloud solutions, reflects this strong heritage and enables the company to offer both pre-defined solutions, addressing key business processes, as well as teaming with its customers to co-create bespoke IoT solutions.
Fujitsu IoT solutions are part of the MetaArc portfolio of cutting edge technologies, infrastructure and managed services positioned to help customers realize digital transformation. Specifically, IoT solutions include the GlobeRanger
iMotion edge-to-cloud IoT platform which runs on the Fujitsu Cloud Service K5
, the Ubiquitous range of enterprise wearables and a growing set of Fujitsu and partner technologies for sensors and networks.
Dr. Alex Bazin, VP and Head of Internet of Things in Fujitsu’s Global Delivery Business, comments: “We believe that Gartner’s inclusion of Fujitsu among the leading end-to-end IoT solutions providers is a testament to our extensive experience across the whole IoT solutions arena, and underlines our dedication to helping customers address diverse business challenges. IoT solutions become especially compelling for businesses when delivered as part of a managed services agreement at a predictable monthly cost. Fujitsu understands the operational technology aspects of IoT and we have been offering M2M and RFID based solutions for many years. Fujitsu is also well placed to implement complex, mission-critical systems that seamlessly integrate new technologies with existing infrastructure to deliver true IT services transformations.”
Ongoing investment in developing end-to-end IoT capabilities is underlined by the recent opening of an IoT Systems Testing environment within the Fujitsu Digital Transformation Center
in Tokyo, Japan. Fujitsu has also established a global IoT Solutions and Business Support Service to provide customers with integrated support from planning and prototype testing to designing, building and operating multi-vendor IoT systems. As Fujitsu continues to strengthen its portfolio of IoT-related products and services, it is also collaborating with partners to ensure that customers can more easily adopt IoT technologies that are designed to address business challenges, and in doing so, become more competitive in their markets.
Fujitsu’s recent IoT projects include a GlobeRanger Manufacturing IoT solution deployment for Baker Hill
, a leading supplier of precision machined components to the aerospace, defense, medical and commercial industries. Baker Hill adopted Fujitsu’s advanced, holistic workflow planning and tracking system to transform its manufacturing processes. Now Baker Hill has real-time, granular insights into its entire production and can pinpoint the exact location of all components at any given moment as they progress through its facility.
Notes to Editors
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Fujitsu Managed IoT Services
Fujitsu’s Managed IoT Services ecosystem provides end-to-end solutions that take full advantage of IoT to address specific business and operational challenges, aiming to create value with every step, in a consultative environment.
Recent IoT projects undertaken by Fujitsu include:
- Omron – Manufacturing IoT Solution
- Omron uses big data analytics to help find process improvements in the production of printed circuit boards and has integrated log data produced from different points on its production line to visualize the end-to-end flow, enabling the identification of problems and their root causes quickly and easily. As a result, hourly productivity has improved by 30 per cent in only a few months and continues to climb.
- Metawater – Water Facility Maintenance
- An aging employee base approaching retirement meant that Metawater needed to transfer the skills and knowledge to a younger workforce to diagnose and fix faults as well as help predict issues before they arise. By implementing an augmented reality tablet interface, skilled workers could capture images and videos of complex engineering issues, assisting new employees in easily resolving or identifying issues
- DKI Jakarta Province Regional Disaster Management Agency – Improving Disaster Response and Management
- DKI Jakarta Province Regional Disaster Management Agency is using Fujitsu's Disaster Information Management System application to transform the way it deals with natural disasters. It can now respond much more quickly and accurately to unforeseen catastrophes, helping save lives and minimize destruction
A propos de Fujitsu
Fujitsu est l’entreprise japonaise leader des technologies de l'information et de la communication (TIC), offrant un éventail complet de produits, de solutions et de services à sa clientèle. Environ 140.000 employés de Fujitsu se consacrent à leurs clients dans plus de 100 pays. Ils utilisent leur expérience et les possibilités offertes par les TIC pour façonner l’avenir de la société à leurs côtés. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) a annoncé un chiffre d’affaires consolidé de 4.100 milliards de yens (39 milliards de dollars US) pour l'exercice financier qui s'est terminé le 31 mars 2018. Pour plus d'informations, veuillez consulter le site http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu EMEIA
Fujitsu promotes a Human Centric Intelligent Society, in which innovation is driven by the integration of people, information and infrastructure. In the Europe, Middle East, Africa and India region (EMEIA), our 28,000-strong workforce is committed to Digital Co-creation, blending business expertise with digital technology and creating new value with ecosystem partners and customers. We enable our customers to digitally transform with connected technology services, focused on Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Cloud - all underpinned by Cyber Security. For more information, please visit http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/about/
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Datum: 11 November, 2016