Mailslot Mechanism enables simple real-time cartridge tape insertion and ejection
A slot (cell) on the front of each magazine can be setup as a mailslot. This allows a tape cartridge to be inserted or ejected from the library while the library is online.
Mailslot is useful in the following situations:
- When inserting/ejecting specific volume cartridge tapes
- When inserting/ejecting the cleaning cartridge tapes
- When ejecting defective cartridge tapes
Using mailslot shortens response time compared to replacing whole magazines.
- Eliminates a bar code scan of all slots
- Eliminates need to update media mapping of backup software
|Products||Number of mailslots (base module)|
|ETERNUS LT20 S2||1 slot|
|ETERNUS LT40 S2||3 slots|
|ETERNUS LT60 S2||3 slots|
|ETERNUS LT140||5 slots|
|ETERNUS LT260||10 slots|
|Supported Tape Libraries||ETERNUS LT20 S2/LT20
ETERNUS LT40 S2/LT40
ETERNUS LT60 S2/LT60
- Note:Products/features/support content introduced on this page, are subject to change without notice.