Fujitsu to Showcase Latest Advances in Quantum-Inspired Computing at Mobile World Congress 2018
At booth A80 in Hall 5, Fujitsu will demonstrate its Digital Annealer
computational architecture, which uses quantum-inspired digital circuits to more rapidly solve combinatorial problems. This revolutionary technology bridges the gap between classical computing architectures and quantum computers, providing practical yet impressive computing power that can be deployed in existing infrastructures.
The Digital Annealer architecture employs conventional semiconductor technology with flexible circuit configurations, which allow it to handle a broader range of problems than current quantum computing technology can manage. Unlike quantum computers, Fujitsu’s Digital Annealer operates at room temperature, without the need for complex, expensive cooling solutions to reach very low temperatures close to absolute zero (-273 degrees Celsius). Digital Annealer also fits in a conventional data center rack, as opposed to quantum computers which require considerable amounts of costly underlying infrastructure in order to function at all. This makes the Digital Annealer ideal for combinatorial problem-solving scenarios with real-world applications, such as comparing molecular similarities for the development of new drugs, or for the optimization of investment portfolios.
At Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona, Fujitsu will also showcase the breadth of its mobile-enabling and digital transformation technologies and outline how the company is working with customers and partners on digital co-creation projects. The company will present insightful demonstrations and customer case studies under the theme of Human Centric Innovation – Digital Co-creation. These will showcase how Fujitsu is applying advanced technologies to deliver value to its customers across a range of industries, including automotive, manufacturing and transport.
Join Fujitsu at Mobile World Congress 2018 to experience live demonstrations and co-creation case studies
covering the following key technologies and industries:
- Re-imagining the future of the automotive industry with Connected Cars and OTA (Over the Air) solutions
- See real progress towards Smart Cities with the SPATIOWL transportation solutions
- Follow the path to Industry 4.0 with the INTELLIEDGE IoT platform
- Go beyond the hype of Artificial Intelligence: See case studies on how to boost business performance
- 5G is coming: Understand how operators can anticipate, get ahead of the pack and extract the full promise from this transformative new telecommunications technology
- Fujitsu’s Virtual Private Digital Exchange (VPX) Technology: Applying blockchain technology to utilize secure data across multiple industries. See how this networking solution is accelerating data exchange for digital co-creation
- Learn how Fujitsu is fostering new IoT projects with the right digital hyperconnected services: Hybrid IT, Digital Workplace and Network Managed Services
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.1 trillion yen (US $39 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu EMEIA
Fujitsu promotes a Human Centric Intelligent Society, in which innovation is driven by the integration of people, information and infrastructure. In the Europe, Middle East, Africa and India region (EMEIA), our 28,000-strong workforce is committed to Digital Co-creation, blending business expertise with digital technology and creating new value with ecosystem partners and customers. We enable our customers to digitally transform with connected technology services, focused on Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Cloud - all underpinned by Security. For more information, please visit http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/about/
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 15 February, 2018