Security for Industrial Control Systems and OT
Fujitsu Cyber Security for Operational Technology
Cyber protection for business-critical assets
As manufacturing and utilities digitally transform, improving cyber security is imperative to protecting customer and business data, preventing damage to infrastructure and avoiding supply chain disruption. Fujitsu cyber security services for operational technology provide a secure framework and platform for manufacturing and utilities organizations - enabling the continual monitoring and protection of business-critical digital assets. As well as being a world-class cyber solutions provider, we’re also a manufacturer - making us the ideal strategic partner to overcome the cyber challenges you face on the road to digital.
Cyber security in manufacturing - addressing the business challenges
Within manufacturing, Operational Technology (OT) equipment, sites and related processes are critical to the safe and reliable delivery of products and services. Cyber threats can come from external factors, malicious insiders or accidentally via suppliers, and without an effective cyber security strategy and accompanying solutions in place, threats to equipment and production processes can be catastrophic. If not addressed, cyber threats can negatively impact operations and production targets, cause damage to machines and workers, as well as cause the loss of intellectual property and reputational damage. What to consider:
- Cyber security requirements need to enable safe and reliable operations and must be compliant with guidelines and standards such as ISA/IEC 62443.
- Cyber security engagements must start with a careful assessment. Connectivity networks must be capable of supporting new demands. The continuous security monitoring of core internal assets and processes must be established, and new levels of collaboration need to be created between cyber security and operational technology experts.
Cyber security for manufacturing OT
Fujitsu Operational Technology Cyber Security Services is comprised of three main elements.
- Operational Technology Assessment. We provide a thorough assessment and risk analysis as the basis for our recommendations for technological and organizational transformation - backed by a development roadmap. Our assessment includes technical aspects, and if necessary, organizational and associated compliance requirements.
- Operational Technology Transformation. Based on prioritized assessment outcomes, we implement improvements such as network segmentation, zones and conduits to control data flows, OT network access and the protection of vulnerable devices. We leverage previous customer investments as far as possible and work closely with customer OT field teams and specialist partners to minimize the risk of disruption to critical processes during transformation.
- Operational Technology Managed Monitoring. We monitor operational technology from our Fujitsu Security Operations Centers. We then provide actionable insight to help prevent, detect, mitigate and recover from cyber incidents in the OT estate, as well as maintain a close connection to customer operational control centers.
Building cyber resilience into industrial systems
As organizations strive to achieve the benefits of digitization in their core operational processes, ensuring effective industrial cyber security can appear to be just another cost or at best a necessary compliance requirement. Cyber security is more than just a requirement – it’s a key characteristic of high-quality digital products and services. Read our whitepaper - Building Cyber Resilience in Industrial Systems - outlining how cyber resilience forms a crucial part of the value organizations give to customers and stakeholders. Find out how we helped a leading UK critical national infrastructure provider safely connect all locations and equipment to a consistent IP communications infrastructure.
IoT cyber security. How can we exploit the potential of IoT without compromising security?
As the range of IoT solutions expands, it’s clear that we must find ways to ensure these infrastructures can be kept safe and secure.