Fujitsu uSCALE consumption-based as-a-Service Offering Extended to Channel Partners
- Fujitsu SELECT Partners can now offer their customers to consume infrastructure, on-premises, with monthly pay per use billing as a service
- Partners can select from two delivery models –either as a service provider contracting with customers directly or earn sign-on bonus and ongoing commission by recommending its use
- Both partners and their customers benefit from greater agility with scalable resources to support business transformation
Munich, June 29, 2022
Fujitsu is extending its popular uSCALE infrastructure-as-a-service to SELECT channel partners. Now customers of Fujitsu’s SELECT partners gain flexible options to offer a cloud-like model via monthly consumption-based billing. This allows partners to add additional value for their customers and increase revenue while balancing cost and risk, and closely aligning their offerings to customer demand.
According to research from IDC1, 85% of organizations already operate in hybrid cloud environments, although most data is still held on-premises. One key trend is the adoption of consumption-based models such as Fujitsu uSCALE for infrastructure solutions. This provides Fujitsu SELECT partners’ customers with flexible access to their own IT infrastructure and associated software, providing sufficient capacity to meet initial demand, and a buffer zone for growth. Plus, it opens access to a selection of value-adding, complementary IT infrastructure and software from Fujitsu alliance partners, including SUSE, RedHat, NetApp and Nutanix.
Via uSCALE, SELECT partners provide their customers with usage-based services and IT infrastructure – on-demand and risk-free. Business customers gain agility and enjoy the financial liquidity to build the infrastructure they need to enable businesses acceleration, without the requirement to make a substantial upfront investment in computing infrastructure. SELECT partners can source as many or as few resources as they need from Fujitsu, creating new business options. This enables partners to offer new, value-adding services, choosing from an extensive range within the Fujitsu partner ecosystem.
Fernanda Catarino, Head of Channel, Alliances and Ecosystem Europe at Fujitsu, comments: “Through extending Fujitsu uSCALE to our SELECT channel partners, we’re enabling them to offer greater agility to their end customers in terms of financing their IT operations. Our partners can easily extend new services and create new value while minimizing risk and complexity. Their customers benefit from instant access to the latest infrastructure technologies with no upfront payment – plus the flexibility to scale up and down, with a simple monthly payment only for the resources they have used.”
With uSCALE delivering infrastructure-as-a-service, SELECT partners’ customers benefit from improved cost, risk and time conditions compared to traditional infrastructure procurement.
Uniquely, Fujitsu channel partners have two options for adding uSCALE to their offerings:
- Partners act as service provider to end customers, retaining service and billing control.
- Partners who want to offer their customers the benefits of the consumption model – but who do not wish to enter a service provider relationship – can establish a direct connection between Fujitsu and the end customer. A dedicated program by Fujitsu granting a sign-on bonus and ongoing commission for facilitating that relationship is honouring such initiative. Partners remain in continuous alignment with their customers for future growth benefits.
Astrid Dissmann, Head of Sales at SELECT Expert partner Concat, commented: “Thanks to continuous support from Fujitsu’s uSCALE team, and the ability to easily demonstrate the advantages of Fujitsu uSCALE, our team won the business of a major public sector customer in Germany. Adding uSCALE to our portfolio has enabled Concat to adapt to our customers’ growing needs with far greater agility. The uSCALE contract and service deliverables align well with our needs.”
Notes to editors
1IDC InfoBrief, sponsored by Fujitsu and Veritas: Boosting Data Resilience and Compliance in Hybrid Cloud, doc #EUR147585021, June 2021
- Read the Fujitsu blog: https://blog.global.fujitsu.com/
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Fujitsu_Global
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FujitsuICT
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: https://www.fujitsu.com/emeia/about/resources/news/newsroom.html
About FujitsuFujitsu’s purpose is to make the world more sustainable by building trust in society through innovation. As the digital transformation partner of choice for customers in over 100 countries, our 124,000 employees work to resolve some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. Our range of services and solutions draw on five key technologies: Computing, Networks, AI, Data & Security, and Converging Technologies, which we bring together to deliver sustainability transformation. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 3.6 trillion yen (US$32 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022, and remains the top digital services company in Japan by market share. Find out more: www.fujitsu.com/
International Corporate Communications
Fujitsu’s Commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations in 2015 represent a set of common goals to be achieved worldwide by 2030. Fujitsu’s purpose – “to make the world more sustainable by building trust in society through innovation” – is a promise to contribute to the vision of a better future empowered by the SDGs.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: June 29, 2022