Oracle Solaris, the most frequently used UNIX OS in the world
Oracle Solaris, a global standard and leader in UNIX OS, is the operating environment for all SPARC servers.
Its incorporation of cutting-edge internet, Java ,and board spectrum business focused technologies, has made Oracle Solaris the most popular operating system in the world.
The latest version, Oracle Solaris 11, delivers performance, efficiency, availability and security with new features including Oracle Solaris Containers, Predictive Self-Healing and Dynamic Trace.
Oracle Solaris also continues its longstanding binary compatibility. Applications running on former Oracle Solaris can run on Solaris 11 without re-compilation.
With Oracle Solaris 11 your system flexibly will be transformed and your ability to utilize all your system resources expanded.
What makes Oracle Solaris such a popular choice
High performance, outstanding scalability and excellent manageability
- Support for SPARC M10 servers with up to 1024 cores
- One Uniform OS and one simple management regime across all models
High reliability and availability tailored to non-stop operation (24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
- Dependable, feature rich, RAS (Reliability, Availability and Serviceability) minimizes both planned and unplanned downtime
Investment protection from binary compatibility
- Your ability to simply upgrade existing Solaris OS application assets to Oracle Solaris is assured by unprecedented binary compatibility
- All of your Solaris application environments can be upgraded to Solaris 11 in the simplest possible manner
Rich portfolio of supported ISV applications
- All major ISV applications and many others are supported on Solaris
TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) reduction
- Administration costs can be much reduced by simple and scalable file system (ZFS)