ETERNUS VSS Hardware Provider Download
This software is designed to provide support for Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) with ETERNUS AF/ETERNUS DX (herein after called ETERNUS) . Use of this software with backup software and writer software supporting VSS delivers online backup using the one point copy (snapshot) capability of Advanced Copy function available with ETERNUS.
For VSSHP supported storage systems, OSes, requester, and writer, refer to "Installation Information".
Download is free.
For use of ETERNUS VSS Hardware Provider (hereinafter called "this software"), Fujitsu requires that you agree with the following "Conditions of use". Using this software means the following conditions are agreed, so please desist from downloading if you don't agree.
Conditions of use
Please ensure that the following usage conditions are met when using this software.
Do not use this software if you cannot observe these use conditions.
- This software can be used only with the target model(s).
- This software cannot be redistributed.
- You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software.
- Any copyright mark concerning this software may not be revoked.
- Any damage occurring following use of this software is at your own risk, Fujitsu will not assume any responsibility for operational problems.
How to download and install
- Download the file onto your computer.
- For settings and important information, refer to "User's Guide".
The following table provides system requirement on ETERNUS VSS Hardware Provider.
Detailed revision numbers are listed at the "Installation Information" tab.
|Supported Storages||All-Flash Arrays||
ETERNUS AF150 S3
ETERNUS AF250 S3/S2, AF250
ETERNUS AF650 S3/S2, AF650
|Hybrid Storage Systems||
ETERNUS DX60 S5/S4/S3
ETERNUS DX100 S5/S4/S3, DX200 S5/S4/S3
ETERNUS DX500 S5/S4/S3, DX600 S5/S4/S3
ETERNUS DX900 S5
ETERNUS DX8700 S3, DX8900 S4/S3
ETERNUS DX60 S2/DX80 S2/DX90 S2
ETERNUS DX400 S2 series
ETERNUS DX8000 S2 series
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2022
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2019
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft® System Center Data Protection Manager
ETERNUS SF AdvancedCopy Manager
Symantec Backup Exec
Quest NetVault Backup
CA ARCserve Backup
System Writer (NTFS file system)
Microsoft® Exchange Server
Microsoft® SQL Server
Hyper-V™ VSS Writer 
Oracle Database 11g Release 2
As of June 1, 2022
- - Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
- - Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2
- - Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
- - Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008
- - Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
- - Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003 R2
Please note the following
- To allow full cooperation of server applications with this software, software patches may be required. Please contact your sales representative for each product to obtain any necessary patches.
- The specific disk storage system, copy mode, OS or server application support may differ depending on the backup software used. In addition, it is important to check for any restrictions there may be when using certain backup software with this software. For a list of any restrictions please contact your backup software sales representative.
Installation Information for ETERNUS VSS Hardware Provider is as follows.
|ETERNUS VSS Hardware provider Installation Information||June 2022|
System Configuration Guide
|Document name||File size||Date|
|Backup/Recovery Solution for Hyper-V CSV using ETERNUS Disk storage system and Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010||3,384KB||May 2011|
|VSS Backup Solution for Exchange Server 2007 and Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 using ETERNUS VSS Hardware Provider||2,050KB||November 2009|