Fujitsu Biometric Authentication Solutions
In today’s digitally enabled world, where cybercrime, theft and fraud are on the rise, organizations require the most secure, accurate, and reliable identity authentication methods for data access, physical access, and general security.
System’s security has become a challenge with attacks on all fronts - not only externally by outsiders but internally by insider manipulation. The implementation of technological safeguards is, therefore, more vital than ever, but with the dramatic increase in networks, devices, connections, and applications this has become highly complex.
For many, biometric security is the answer - it’s platform technology capable of serving and supporting all industries. For several years, organizations worldwide have been experimenting with a number of biometric authentication solutions, ranging from eye, face and fingerprint, to signature and voice recognition, all of which offer a greater level of security than traditional passwords.
The implementation of a biometric identity and access management solution capable of detecting the person behind the password, is a major step towards greater system security. However, working out which is the right biometric technology to implement is dependent on the use case.
At Fujitsu our consultants will take you through all the options and advise which technology is the most suitable for which deployment. In partnership with ImageWare Systems, we provide a wide-ranging biometric technology portfolio that includes face, voice, iris, fingerprint and palm vein solutions that can be tailored to specific use cases such as mobility and physical access.
Fujitsu PalmSecure Palm Vein Pattern Recognition Technology
PalmSecure, our premium biometric authentication technology based on palm vein pattern recognition, has been shown to be by far the most accurate biometric authentication solution currently available on the market.
PalmSecure provides high levels of accuracy, and is easy to implement and use - a non-intrusive and contactless reader device ensures virtually no physiological user restrictions. It’s a leading-edge authentication system, that uses biometric technology to authenticate a user’s identity based on palm vein patterns. As veins are internal and have a wealth of differentiating features, attempts to forge an identity are extremely difficult, thereby enabling a higher level of security.
Fujitsu PalmSecure business applications
PalmSecure® technology is based on more than two decades of Fujitsu image recognition experience, and has a wide range of applications across all industry sectors, including:
- Time and attendance – reduces employee fraud.
- Access to enterprise-wide IT systems – removes the pressure of password resets.
- Physical access control for visitors and staff – improves buildings security.
We offer three solutions tailored to the most common uses as a starting point:
PalmSecure ID Match
Single/multi-factor authentication that combines the unique PalmSecure technology with ID cards and badges.
PalmSecure ID Access PSN900
Advanced biometric authentication that can be easily integrated into existing infrastructures.
PalmSecure ID Login
Enhanced password-based Active Directory login networks with biometric technology.
What makes Fujitsu PalmSecure standout?
- Maximum accuracy - advanced authentication algorithm produces higher levels of accuracy and application versatility. It has a false acceptance rate under 0.00001% which makes it the most accurate biometric authentication system currently available on the market.
- Maximum performance - initial user enrolment can be completed in under 10 seconds. In addition, contactless authentication is hygienic and non-invasive which promotes a high-level of user acceptance.
- Maximum security - vein patterns are unique to individuals and contain detailed characteristics for the formulation of an algorithm template. Identification is virtually forgery-proof, as the sensor of the palm vein device will only recognize the pattern if deoxidized haemoglobin is actively flowing within the individual's veins.
To find out more about Fujitsu's Enterprise & Cyber Security services and how they protect your business, please complete this form.