Fujitsu Computing as a Service (CaaS)
Delivering customers access to world-leading computing technologies via the public cloud
Fujitsu Uvance, a brand to respond to social issues, and
CaaS, a cloud services portfolio to support the brand
Fujitsu provides a new service portfolio “Fujitsu Computing as a Service (CaaS)” to enable a combination of advanced computing technologies like Digital Annealer, AI, and software applications with Fujitsu's accumulated knowledge.
Fujitsu CaaS accelerates the growth of Fujitsu’s Uvance brand to realize a sustainable world and creates new value with worldwide customers by easily accessing the latest technologies.
Fujitsu CaaS solves issues with advanced computing, making it possible to:
- Lead to completely new discoveries and ideas.
- Dramatically improve and optimize complicated business operations.
- Realize security and flexibility at the same time.
How can CaaS be used?
Drug Discovery/Materials Informatics
Fujitsu CaaS provides the ability to predict the structure of middle-molecule drug candidate compounds and molecular crystals, leading to the acceleration of new material and new drug development, such as COVID-19 cures.
Fujitsu CaaS creates an optimal delivery plan in a short period of time from a number of channel combinations consisting of suppliers, transit warehouses, and retailers, and drastically optimizes distribution costs including the number of trucks, truck loading efficiency, and total mileage.
Our CaaS ensures data security and authentication in various situations among companies and individuals by exchanging data as electronic credentials and managing and utilizing these trails as tamper-proof evidence.
Accelerating the Development of New Drugs by Accurately Calculating the Stable Structure of Middle-Molecule
Simulation technology is also difficult to apply to middle-molecule drug discovery. The reason for this is the unimaginable large numbers of combinations that have to be computed.
High accuracy results were achieved in a short period of only 12 hours, with a deviation of only 0.73 angstrom* from actual experiment results. ※ angstrom = 0.1 nanometer
Fujitsu has dramatically improved the search process for candidate compounds through collaboration with PeptiDream, which has a unique technology in the field of middle-molecule drug discovery.
Through Fujitsu CaaS (HPC × Digital Annealer × AI), we can expand the potential approach of drug and new material discovery and development and work with you to realize innovations that lead to solving social issues.
For more example, click below.
What services does CaaS provide?
“CaaS” is a service that aims to create new value for customers by providing Fujitsu‘s advanced computing technology on the cloud.
CaaS HPC provides opitimazied computing environments for HPC applications. Cloud service HPC equipped with PRIMEHPC FX1000 which is based on the technology used in the supercomputer Fugaku, high-performance CPUs from Intel, and GPUs from NVIDIA, can be used as an environment for developing and running simulations and AI applications.
CaaS Digital Annealer
Via CaaS Digital Annealer, users will be able to use Fujitsu’s Quantum-Inspired Digital Annealer that solves complex combinatorial optimization problems at speeds not possible with current conventional computing technologies.
CaaS Digital Annealer will offer quick and accurate solutions to combinatorial optimization problems from a wide area including distribution and production planning, drug development, and the search of new materials.
CaaS Data e-TRUST
With trust technology, Fujitsu CaaS provides advanced information security to ensure data sharing security and data authenticity between different systems and services. In addition, it offers other services, such as the unique functions of electronic credentials, distributed data linkage, and hash chain ledgers, enabling authentication for people and companies in digital transactions, as well as safe, secure, and free data exchange and utilization.
Click here for details such as features and technologiesData e-TRUST
CaaS Technical Consulting Services
Fujitsu will support customers in choosing the best solution for the development and implementation of applications by offering them the computing power of the PRIMEHPC FX1000, PC clusters, or Fujitsu’s Digital Annealer.
- Available in Japanese and the service area is Japan.
Other countries and regions will follow. For updated information regarding other countries and regions, please contact us using Inquiry Form.
The technology underlying Fujitsu CaaS
- Accelerates research and development, including manufacturing design and new material development.
- Greatly reduce the trial-and-error process of development with a variety of simulations, including but not limited to fluid flow and structural analysis.
Provides quick solutions to combinatorial optimization problems
- Discovers optimal combination from all available options under certain constraints.
- Solves combinatorial optimization problems at high speed in various scenarios such as delivery planning, production planning, drug discovery, and materials informatics.
- Makes it possible to build an AI system that returns an expert-level answer based on massive amounts of learned data.
- Enables complex and varied image analysis, such as object recognition and human behavior recognition.
Aiming to create new services using CaaS
"Fujitsu Uvance" is a global partner co-creation program that aims to solve social issues as early as possible by co-creating new use cases on "CaaS" with innovative startups in Japan and overseas who share the same values as the company.View details
Learn more about Fujitsu CaaS
You can download documents about CaaS and related technologies and products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about this service.
- Fujitsu and Atmonia succeed in development of new technology that accelerates search for disruptive catalyst for enabling sustainable ammonia production
- Fujitsu launches new platform to support Web3 developers globally
- Fujitsu to provide AIST’s “ABCI,” the world's largest computational infrastructure for AI processing via Fujitsu Computing as a Service (CaaS)