Response and action from Security Operations Centre
Scottish Water provides drinking water to 2.45 million households and 154,000 business customers in Scotland.
When Scottish Water users accidentally introduced a new virus to its network, the company needed to act fast to minimise the damage and quickly remove the new strain of crypto-malware.
Scottish Water activated the Fujitsu Cyber Threat Intelligence service, which immediately identified the source of the unknown malware variant, cleaned infected devices and worked with Symantec to create a signature that would block it.
- Enhances information security defences through continuous monitoring and proactive response, protecting infrastructure and services
- Minimises the network exposure to threats
- Ensures the malware could not cause further damage to the network
- Enables the quick creation of a script that would block the virus in the future
- All infected devices were cleaned and returned to the users
- Provides context to the business in terms of the threat and subsequent damage