Fujitsu uSCALE Enables Consumption-Based On-Premises Infrastructure
- Fujitsu launches first pre-packaged consumption-based IT solution offerings for Fujitsu uSCALE – making it easier for customers to estimate monthly budget requirements
- Offerings include on-premises computing, data management, and workplace devices
- Price transparency is also boosted with the new uSCALE Price Estimator, a user-guided tool that starts with real workload needs and delivers rapid price indications for consumption-based pre-packaged on-premises infrastructure
Munich, November 23, 2022
Fujitsu today makes it easier for customers to shift to consumption-based on-premises infrastructure with its first pre-packaged solution offerings for Fujitsu uSCALE. These new flexible IT infrastructure-as-a-service solutions feature cloud-like monthly consumption-based billing.
Customers can also calculate the monthly cost for a range of pre-packaged Fujitsu on-premises infrastructure solutions and device-as-a-service offerings with the new uSCALE Price Estimator. This assesses customers’ real workload needs to calculate fast and transparent pay-as-you-go pricing.
The Fujitsu uSCALE Price Estimator enables customers to move toward the consumption-based pricing model used in cloud computing. Industry analysts at Gartner® predict that 40% of newly procured premises-based compute and storage will be consumed as a service by 2025, up from less than 10% in 20211.
Christian Leutner, VP, Head of European Platform Business at Fujitsu, says: “Customers today want to consume IT as a service. They want the same benefits for on-premises infrastructure as the cloud – flexibility, price control, simplicity of admin, and a monthly payment model. Fujitsu uSCALE brings this experience to our customers’ data, workloads, and apps – but on-premises, at their locations. This means all enterprises can benefit from pay-per-use, scale-up and down capabilities that free up capital and boost operational and financial flexibility.”
Fujitsu also says it intends to continue expanding its pre-packaged uSCALE offerings so that it continues to meet the relevant needs of its customers.
1https://www.gartner.com/en/articles/4-predictions-for-i-o-leaders-on-the-path-to-digital-infrastructureuSCALE Price Estimator makes it easy to estimate monthly operating costs across IT infrastructure
With uSCALE Price Estimator, Fujitsu’s customers can quickly and easily estimate the costs of a consumption-based offering for data management and computing, as well as workplace devices. They get a clear picture of the business and financial benefits of having infrastructure delivered as a service, which include:
- Keeping control of IT infrastructure and business and customer data while utilizing a flexible and scalable on-premises IT business model
- Predictable costs and paying only for what they actually use – in on-premises data centers
- Benefiting from the latest technologies with flexible growth options while ensuring compliance and data security standards based on transparently calculated prices
- Fast growth with a flexible IT infrastructure that reduces administrative overheads by optimizing hardware provisioning
“Cost is important, of course, but the value is even more vital,” continues Christian Leutner. “Fujitsu uSCALE supports business resilience and increases both financial and technical flexibility. This means customers are finally free from tying up cash in up-front infrastructure investments – and do not need to worry about provisioning. What’s more, time to market is improved in any growth scenario. Fujitsu uSCALE customers always have access to pre-provisioned buffer capacity already deployed and ready to roll.”
Pricing and availability
Fujitsu uSCALE Price Estimator is available immediately in the UK, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.Online resources
- Gartner, 4 Predictions for I&O Leaders on the Path to Digital Infrastructure, January 26 2022
- GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
- Read the Fujitsu blog: https://blog.global.fujitsu.com/
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Fujitsu_Global
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FujitsuICT
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: https://www.fujitsu.com/emeia/about/resources/news/newsroom.html
About FujitsuFujitsu’s purpose is to make the world more sustainable by building trust in society through innovation. As the digital transformation partner of choice for customers in over 100 countries, our 124,000 employees work to resolve some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. Our range of services and solutions draw on five key technologies: Computing, Networks, AI, Data & Security, and Converging Technologies, which we bring together to deliver sustainability transformation. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 3.6 trillion yen (US$32 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022, and remains the top digital services company in Japan by market share. Find out more: www.fujitsu.com/
International Corporate Communications
Fujitsu’s Commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations in 2015 represent a set of common goals to be achieved worldwide by 2030. Fujitsu’s purpose – “to make the world more sustainable by building trust in society through innovation” – is a promise to contribute to the vision of a better future empowered by the SDGs.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: November 23, 2022