Digital Integration of Manufacturing Supply and Engineering Chains Is Vital for Competitive Success, says Fujitsu at Hannover Messe 2021
- Fujitsu livestream at Hannover Messe Digital Edition 2021 highlights the competitive advantage available to manufacturers from full digital integration of supply chains with engineering chains
- Official media highlight tour demonstrates how Fujitsu Integrated Shopfloor addresses strategic choices that discrete manufacturers face today
- Thought-provoking Fujitsu Media Library content showcases crucial topics for the manufacturing industry, including the Integrated Shopfloor, Smart Manufacturing, 5G in the enterprise and robotic optimization.
Hanover, April 08, 2021
Manufacturers must achieve full digital integration of supply chains with their engineering chains to remain competitive. That is Fujitsu's message from Hannover Messe Digital Edition 2021, which highlights how manufacturers can gain a clear competitive advantage with faster new product development, better customer service, and reduced costs.
The Fujitsu livestream “Smart Manufacturing: Think beyond the factory” on Tuesday, 13 April at 11:30 am CET looks at how the full digital integration of supply chains brings together the seamless flow of materials in and out of the manufacturing environment with the digital creation, development and execution of new products.
Joern Nitschmann, Head of Manufacturing and Automotive at Fujitsu CE, and livestream presenter, says: “Digitalization is the driving force in manufacturing right now – taking us rapidly towards the visions of Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0. At Hannover Messe Digital Edition 2021, Fujitsu is taking a practical focus on what manufacturers can do today to get ahead of their competitors. In our livestream, we look at how the next step is the harmonization between two areas of manufacturing where progress has been made – digital supply chains and engineering chains – but where the synergies between them still need to be exploited more thoroughly.”
Fujitsu's participation at Hannover Messe also comprises thought-provoking Media Library content. These newly-released materials showcase crucial topics for the manufacturing industry, including:
- Fujitsu Integrated Shopfloor addresses the the challenges that discrete manufacturers are facing today. They either have to become highly integrated into OEMs’ broader supply chains and digital transformation agendas, or they focus on ‘batch size one’ manufacturing by providing digital configuration of products through specialist online platforms to achieve market access. The official media highlight tour (April 8, 2021, 11:00 to 13:00 CET) includes a spotlight on this showcase.
- Fujitsu Smart Manufacturing - COLMINA and SAP offerings Smart Manufacturing is the key to building resilience in manufacturing. Fujitsu’s approach emphasizes Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) in - and then beyond - the factory, to create the vital digital connections with stakeholders in the wider value chain. Learn how Fujitsu has helped customers all over the world to build manufacturing resilience leveraging its global solutions, including, COLMINA and SAP offerings.
- Quantum-Inspired Optimization in manufacturing There are countless ways to combine processes to manufacture a finished product - but only one way is optimal. Fujitsu helps manufacturing companies ensure their production is ‘Always Optimal’ with QIOS - quantum-inspired optimization services based on our Digital Annealer.
- Enterprise 5G 5G already resonates deeply in the consumer market, as customers look for exciting new features and easier access to media and communications. But what is the path to value for enterprises?
In addition, Fujitsu’s Hannover Messe virtual booth includes insight into many other production-related topics such as smart inspection, shop-floor digitalization, hybrid IT, and the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance.
- Read the Fujitsu blog: https://blog.global.fujitsu.com/
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Fujitsu_Global
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FujitsuICT
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: https://www.fujitsu.com/emeia/about/resources/news/newsroom.html
About FujitsuFujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 130,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 3.9 trillion yen (US$35 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
International Corporate Communications
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: April 08, 2021