Download Full Case Study PDF
Proving the value of a cloud transformation
Meridian Energy is an integrated renewable energy company, and the largest electricity generator in New Zealand. Meridian only generates electricity from renewable sources – wind, water and the sun, supplying approximately 30% of New Zealand’s total electricity needs.
Meridian Energy wanted to enable a cloud-first strategy but first needed to perform an economic assessment and technology POV to validate the approach.
- Fujitsu Cloud Economic Assessment performed in collaboration with Meridian to confirm the total economic benefit of the proposed solution
- Fujitsu Multi-Cloud Architect engagement to identify and migrate 16 applications from Meridian’s production and DR sites to AVS, a cloud-based solution powered by Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Intel® Solid State Drives
- Fujitsu and Meridian evaluated candidates, business services and technology offerings through documented goals and measures
- Returning 16 applications seamlessly migrated from on-premises locations during the POV
- Confirmation that workloads can be rapidly migrated with minimal business interruption
- Networking challenges reduced by using the same VMware tools for migration and a common virtual machine format
- Meridian is positioned with confidence to continue with its cloud-first strategy for broader cloud migration to deliver its forecasted economic business benefits