Infrastructure refresh turbocharges the database
For over 25 years, GKL Marketing-Marktforschung GmbH & Co. KG (GKL) has supported its customers in developing their pricing policies based on complete price and shopping cart surveys.
GKL’s working material is massive amounts of data that require peak performance on the part of the storage system. To ensure perfect interaction between all components, a comprehensive infrastructure refresh was needed.
As part of a comprehensive infrastructure refresh, Fujitsu equipped GKL with the FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS DX600 S5 state-of-the-art storage system. This system combines multiple functions, including data consolidation in large databases, business-critical applications, and business analytics/big data.
- Access times in the nanosecond range, thanks to the improved performance of all systems – including the network
- Significantly greater availability, thanks to powerful storage with Extreme Cache Pool
- Highest possible cybersecurity and data security, thanks to a multilevel backup and security concept
- Greatly reduced administrative effort, thanks to a reliable, highly automated system
- An approximately 30 percent reduction in power consumption and more room in the data center, thanks to comprehensive software support