Creating a prosperous, sustainable future with technology
With a strong heritage dating back to 1938 when we created a parkland environment for our first factory in Japan, Fujitsu is taking responsibility for the environmental consequences of its activities.
In Australia & New Zealand, we established a sustainability transformation project in 2007 and we have backed this determination with specific and challenging targets, evidence of our ambition to be become a truly sustainable company. From a 2008 baseline, emissions generated by our office energy and travel have been cut by more than 60% and our NABERS Energy for Data Centre ratings show our facilities operate 33% more efficiently than the market average. The Fujitsu Group ‘Climate & Energy Vision’ states our goal to be net zero CO2 organisation by 2050, as well as contribute to climate change adaptation and the decarbonisation of society.
We work closely with customers to help unlock the power of technology to help achieve their sustainability goals, whether it be energy savings, product lifecycle management, or new approaches to acting on their environmental priorities.
Discover more about our sustainability actions and offerings
Our Sustainable Development Goals in Focus
Aligned to Fujitsu’s global targets and the UN Sustainable Development Goal agenda our focus areas are:
- Good Health and Wellbeing
- Gender Equality
- Affordable Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Reduced Inequalities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life on Land
Responsible Business Report
To Fujitsu, being a responsible business means investing in a diverse, safe, and engaged workforce, adding value to the communities in which we work, ensuring high ethical standards in our value chain, and being a leader in sustainability. As one of the largest ICT companies in Australia & New Zealand, we have a big role to play.
Taking environmental action with customers
- Digital Owl Video - Drone and Video analytics used to find threatened plant specifies
- SkyCity Case Study - Fujitsu provides ICT Sustainability Benchmark
- Crown Case Study - Crown Resorts utilises Fujitsu’s Sustainability benchmark
- TAFE NSW Case Study - TAFE evaluates the sustainability of their IT estate
- Qantas Video - Qantas increase energy efficiency using Sustainability Roadmap
- NSW Office of Environment and Heritage Case Study - OEH uses NABERS Energy for Data Centre rating
- Qantas eWaste Case Study - Qantas utilises Fujitsu eWaste to become more sustainable
- Bank West Case Study - Bank West uses Fujitsu’s advanced environmentally sustainable data centre
- University Alliance - Reduced green house gas emissions through shared data centre model
- Fujitsu Data Centre Capability - Our Data Centres to be 33% more energy efficient than market average
Recognition of our sustainability work
Blaise Porter – Director, Responsible Business
“Businesses are dealing with heightened expectations about their role in society – taking actions on complex issues such as climate change, environmental protection, diversity and responsible supply chains. At the same time, technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning and automation are entering the mainstream. Have you considered how technology could be used to solve your businesses’ sustainability and social challenges?"
Speak with one of our Experts to see how we can address your business needs
Thank you. We have received your request and will get back to you shortly.