Fujitsu Highlights Human-Centric Retail Innovations Fueled by Digital Transformation at NRF 2021
- Fujitsu’s digital transformation solutions help retailers respond to rapidly changing customer values and behaviors
- Retailers are using Fujitsu Digital Annealer to quickly solve large-scale, complex retail use cases, from apparel personalization to supply chain performance – and provide last-mile delivery optimization
- FUJITSU Market Place makes retail simpler, more scalable, and more cost-effective while expanding in-store choices for shoppers and creating service opportunities for store colleagues
- Featured products for NRF 2021 include the newly launched Fujitsu SmartCASH™ full recycling payment module and the UScan U-Shop mobile app for Scan and Go
Munich, January 12, 2021
At NRF 2021 – Chapter 1, Fujitsu will showcase a variety of its digital transformation technologies that can help retailers reimagine their strategies, transform and optimize operations through COVID-19 and beyond, including:
- Digital Annealer: Fujitsu’s quantum-inspired optimization platform quickly solves a variety of large-scale, complex retail use cases from apparel personalization to supply chain optimization, including inventory routing optimization to enhance the timeliness of deliveries from warehouses to retail locations; Last-mile delivery optimization to reduce the number of vans and resources needed for given workload; Order Picking Route Optimization (Buy-Online, Pick-Up In-Store) and Vehicle Routing Optimization for large fleets.
Fujitsu also will showcase how the Digital Annealer helped an automotive company optimize its US supply chain distribution for automotive parts. This use case is closely aligned with the challenge faced by retailers in optimizing supply chain inventory. The Fujitsu Digital Annealer was applied to quickly determine the best route with the lowest distribution cost for procuring parts from hundreds of suppliers and delivering them through several transit warehouses to dozens of factories. Using the newly-discovered routes proved that this solution would reduce costs by approximately 2-5% compared to conventional methods.
- FUJITSU Market Place is a digital commerce platform designed to make retail simpler, more scalable, and more cost-effective while expanding in-store shopping choices and creating service opportunities for store colleagues. FUJITSU Market Place provides tangible sales benefits, giving customers options in how they shop and pay in-store. Retailers reduce operational costs by dramatically improving the checkout experience, enabling significant reduction of business overhead and providing a chance to refocus staff on maximizing shoppers’ total immersive in-store experience. During NRF Chapter 1, visitors will be able to see how FUJITSU Market Place supports non-traditional store services such as cafes, and health & beauty concessions, and centralizes and merges those revenues into a total performance view.
- GLOVIA® OM Enhancements: Fujitsu makes it easier for retailers to orchestrate their inventory and orders dynamically and seamlessly regardless of the channel. There are five new solutions in the GLOVIA OM product suite – BOPIS Store Fulfillment, Inventory Management, B2B Commerce, Intelligent Order Allocation, and GLOVIA Enterprise Business Capabilities (EBC). Fujitsu GLOVIA OM is the lifeline of retail, an intelligent order orchestration hub that manages incoming demand across channels, and provides one seamless system to optimize fulfilment with unmatched transparency.
- Cloud-Native In-Store Fulfillment Solution built on Salesforce® Consumer Goods Cloud: Fujitsu will feature a recently launched solution that enhances and optimizes retailers’ pick processes for online orders fulfilled from stores. The solution offers a rich set of processes and tools for associates and store managers, including Task Assignment and Management, Capacity Management, Store Pick Routing, Quality Assurance, Reporting, Communication, and Automation tools.
- Fujitsu Self-Service Solutions: Fujitsu is leading the digital transformation of in-store technologies with Fujitsu S3 Self-Service Simplified. S3 solutions are modular hardware and software building blocks designed to create complete in-store solutions or augment a retailer’s existing capabilities.
- Fujitsu SmartCASH: Launching today as part of S3, Fujitsu SmartCASH full recycling payment module is the most compact standard capacity cash recycler on the market today. The Fujitsu SmartCASH module is designed to be deployed quickly for in-counter Point of Sale cash automation or a complete free-standing Self-CheckOut configuration. The Fujitsu SmartCASH payment module reduces operational costs while enhancing customer experience by providing a single cash automation solution across the entire store.
- UScan® U-Shop app for Scan and Go: The Fujitsu UScan U-Shop application enables mobile Scan and Go, which can be deployed as an extension to existing UScan software customers or integrated into an existing Point of Sale/Enterprise solution.
- Attend the Fujitsu Big Ideas presentation on the future of retail.
- Schedule a virtual meeting with Fujitsu experts to learn more information about its digital transformation capabilities.
- Fujitsu NRF microsite: https://www.fujitsu.com/us/microsite/nrf-2021/index.html
- Fujitsu retail solutions: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/solutions/industry/retail/
- Fujitsu connected retail: http://connectedretail.global.fujitsu.com/
- Fujitsu Salesforce microsite: https://www.fujitsu.com/us/microsite/salesforce/index.html
- Read the Fujitsu blog: https://blog.global.fujitsu.com/
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Fujitsu_Global
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FujitsuICT
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: https://www.fujitsu.com/emeia/about/resources/news/newsroom.html
About FujitsuFujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 130,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 3.9 trillion yen (US$35 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Frontech North America Inc.Fujitsu Frontech North America Inc. (FFNA) provides market-focused IT solutions that enable customers to achieve their business objectives through integrated offerings for self-checkout and currency management solutions, kiosks, mobile, RFID, and biometric authentication technology. FFNA delivers industry-specific solutions for the manufacturing, retail, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and enterprise and communications sectors throughout North America. FFNA is headquartered with operations and product development at 27121 Towne Centre Drive, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610.
Company: Fujitsu Frontech North America Inc.
International Corporate Communications
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, Glovia, and “shaping tomorrow with you” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. U-Scan and SmartCASH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Frontech North America Inc. in the United States and other countries. Salesforce is a trademark or registered trademark of salesforce.com, Inc., in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: January 12, 2021