Sustainability and Environment
Creating a prosperous, sustainable future with technology
With a strong heritage dating back to 1938 when we created a parkland environment for our first factory in Japan, Fujitsu is taking responsibility for the environmental consequences of its activities.
In Australia & New Zealand, we established a sustainability transformation project in 2007 and we have backed this determination with specific and challenging targets, evidence of our ambition to be become a truly sustainable company. From a 2008 baseline, emissions generated by our office energy and travel have been cut by more than 60% and our NABERS Energy for Data Centre ratings show our facilities operate 33% more efficiently than the market average. The Fujitsu Group ‘Climate & Energy Vision’ states our goal to be net zero CO2 organisation by 2050, as well as contribute to climate change adaptation and the decarbonisation of society.
We work closely with customers to help unlock the power of technology to help achieve their sustainability goals, whether it be energy savings, product lifecycle management, or new approaches to acting on their environmental priorities.
Discover more about our sustainability actions and offerings
Our Sustainable Development Goals in Focus
Aligned to Fujitsu’s global targets and the UN Sustainable Development Goal agenda our focus areas are:
- Good Health and Wellbeing
- Gender Equality
- Affordable Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Reduced Inequalities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life on Land
Taking environmental action with customers
- Digital Owl Video - Drone and Video analytics used to find threatened plant specifies
- SkyCity Case Study - Fujitsu provides ICT Sustainability Benchmark
- Crown Case Study - Crown Resorts utilises Fujitsu’s Sustainability benchmark
- TAFE NSW Case Study - TAFE evaluates the sustainability of their IT estate
- Qantas Video - Qantas increase energy efficiency using Sustainability Roadmap
- NSW Office of Environment and Heritage Case Study - OEH uses NABERS Energy for Data Centre rating
- Qantas eWaste Case Study - Qantas utilises Fujitsu eWaste to become more sustainable
- Bank West Case Study - Bank West uses Fujitsu’s advanced environmentally sustainable data centre
- University Alliance - Reduced green house gas emissions through shared data centre model
- Fujitsu Data Centre Capability - Our Data Centres to be 33% more energy efficient than market average
Recognition of our sustainability work
Nicole Forrester - VP of Purpose, People & Culture (Asia Pacific)
“In February 2021, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand launched its Office of Purpose to make a real difference through championing and driving transformative change across sustainability, diversity, equity and inclusion, and social impact. Fujitsu’s purpose is to make the world more sustainable by building trust in society through innovation. The Office of Purpose team is pivotal in fulfilling its ambitions and creating shared values to support our customers to achieve theirs."
Get in touch
Let us assist you in solving your business challenges.
Thank you. We have received your request and will get back to you shortly.