PFU (EMEA) Limited Releases Three New Happy Hacking Keyboard Models
The new models represent the apex of professional keyboards, bringing USB-C, Bluetooth connectivity and a careful refinement of a cult classic.
PFU (EMEA) Limited
London, July 16, 2020
PFU (EMEA) Limited today introduces three new Happy Hacking Keyboard (HHKB) models with twelve variants for keyboard fans and Topre switch enthusiasts. The new range introduces two Bluetooth-enabled models, providing users with enhanced mobility and connectivity with all their modern devices. With a truly ergonomic design, premium Topre key switches and durable Japanese design, the new HHKB models provide a new level of productivity and efficiency for developers and touch-typing professionals.
Designed by developers for developers, the keyboards provide a smooth and fast keying experience while minimising hand, finger and wrist fatigue. Since its introduction, HHKB has been adopted by the very best developers, journalists and other professionals with over 500,000 units sold worldwide, growing a considerable community of loyal customers.
HHKB’s design philosophy includes comfort through many intentional ergonomic design choices, keystroke precision and throughput, enhanced mobility and durability. With its ultra-compact 60-key Tenkeyless format and near-symmetrical key layout, every key is within easy reach of the home row. It features DIP switches that allow users to change the control key, meta key and delete key assignments and with the Hybrid and Hybrid Type-S models, users can customise the entire keymap[i] through an intuitive and easy-to-use keymapping software application. Keymap settings are written to the keyboard itself, so the same keymap can be used across all your devices.
The entire new range features USB-C for compatibility with Windows® PC and Mac®. The Hybrid and Hybrid Type-S models also feature Bluetooth 4.2, enabling pairing with up to four devices at a time[ii], providing compatibility with your Windows® PC, Mac®, iPhone® or Android™ Smartphones and Windows®, iPad® or Android™ Tablets, switching between devices with simple keyboard shortcuts.
Made and designed in Japan, HHKB is built to last. The Topre key switches have a lifetime of 50 million keystrokes, each keycap is made from highly durable Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT), which is textured for shine-resistance. The dye-sublimated keycap labelling method has been used to produce durable, fade-resistant keycap legends, so characters remain visible after years of use.
“For the last 20 years the Happy Hacking Keyboard has been an iconic device for software professionals and the developer community, “said Mike Nelson, Senior Vice President, PFU (EMEA) Limited. “The new Hybrid models bring a revolutionised level of connectivity with Bluetooth making them truly mobile and wireless. Design has always been at the core of HHKB, with a unique layout designed to reduce finger and wrist fatigue, alongside premium Topre key switches across all new devices to give users a smooth, extremely tactile and precise experience with every keystroke.”
Note to editors
Happy Hacking Keyboard Key Features
- All HHKB models employ a 60-Key ultra-compact Tenkeyless format, in a near-symmetrical layout. Difficult to reach keys are eliminated and replaced by shortcuts and an intelligent layout, so every key is within easy reach of the home row – eliminating stretching, reducing the risk of hand, finger and wrist fatigue during prolonged use.
- All HHKB models feature premium, shine-resistant, textured PBT and dye-sublimated keycaps for long-life, fade-resistant keycap legends.
- All HHKB models use premium Topre Electrostatic Capacitive Key Switches, which detect changes in electrostatic capacitance with each keystroke. Topre Key Switches deliver a silky-smooth keystroke with extreme precision and a natural tactile bump.
- All HHKB HYBRID Type-S models use Topre Silent Key Switches that dampen the sound for a quieter HHKB experience.
- HHKB HYBRID Type-S is available in White or Charcoal, with Printed or Blank Key Caps and features Topre Silent Key Switches, USB-C and Bluetooth 4.2 Multi-pairing.
- HHKB HYBRID is available in White or Charcoal, with Printed or Blank Key Caps and features Topre Key Switches, USB-C and Bluetooth 4.2 Multi-pairing.
- HHKB Classic is available in White or Charcoal, with Printed or Blank Key Caps and features Topre Key Switches and USB-C connection.
For more information about the new range of HHKB products, please visit https://www.hhkeyboard.com
[i] Some keys with pre-set functions may be excluded from the Keymap Customisation function
[ii] Up to four devices can be registered and switched at any time
About PFU (EMEA) Limited
Information is the lifeblood of business. By making it work harder, we create the knowledge that empowers organisations to do more. We achieve this by enabling data to move seamlessly between physical and digital environments, so information becomes more usable for more people.
PFU (EMEA) Limited is a specialist company within the Fujitsu family, that’s dedicated to information management solutions. We offer advanced technology, intelligent software and consultancy services; these have made us the partner of choice for the world’s most ambitious organisations. So, whether it is document management solutions, bringing galleries online, or small format keyboards for coders, we are committed to enabling the world’s flow of knowledge.
Operating in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, PFU (EMEA) Limited is responsible for marketing and sales of Fujitsu document scanners. The European company was established in the United Kingdom in 1981 and has offices in Germany, Italy and Spain and Knowledge Suites in London, France, Dubai and Russia For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com/uk/about/local/corporate/subsidiaries/fel/
Date: July 16, 2020
Company: PFU (EMEA) Limited