Digital solutions for a hyperconnected business
Today, we live in a hyperconnected world where IoT connects people, information, and things in a way that’s fundamentally changing both business and society. The internet of things has become a disruptive force across all industry sectors and is a key driver of digital transformation and a core enabler for the hyperconnected business.
At Fujitsu, we’re at the forefront of hyperconnected business transformation. We work in partnership with our customers to co-create digital solutions that enable them to become hyperconnected. Combining the power of IoT with digital technologies, AI, and network solutions, we are able to deliver a clear 360-degree view of how your business is running and performing at all times.
By connecting objects across your entire enterprise, we enable you to collect powerful real-time data, reduce risk, automate operations, improve safety, anticipate service issues, build better products, pre-empt customer needs, and transform the user experience.
Read our Fujitsu research paper - Things Are Moving Fast: The State of IoT Today, to find out more about the benefits of becoming a hyperconnected business.
Become a hyperconnected business
Hyperconnectivity is enabling people, information and things to come together in unique ways that are fundamentally changing business and society. Transforming to a hyperconnected business will allow you to see more, predict rather than react, act fast, unlock new ways to create value, and optimise everything. With our proven consultative approach, embrace the IoT, AI, network and digital technology solutions to drive small targeted initiatives or full scale digital transformation.
Become a hyperconnected business with Fujitsu
As a hyperconnected business, you can gain a significant competitive advantage. Using information from a wide range of sources, including; people, sensors, assets, and equipment you can gain a unique perspective on your organization.
There are a number of key enablers that underpin all hyperconnected businesses:
- Networks – The provision of great connectivity using the latest technology and the ability too rapidly execute change to keep pace with changing business demands. Advanced network analytics to provide a real-time view of your network performance.
- Intelligent communications – Engage internally within your organisation and externally with your customers over multiple channels using Voice, Video, IM, and with sharing data from any device. The ability to support API integration to key business systems.
- IoT – The ability to co-create innovative solutions that can leverage the benefits of the IT/OT integration and a network that is fit for IoT services.
- Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence – The ability to understand the value of data and how to use that data to gain insight and improve decision making.
- Process Automation – The ability to automate processes and facilitate system integration via APIs.
- Multi-Cloud – The ability to blend traditional IT with new IT and deploy Multi-cloud, Cloud Native, and Edge Computing based solutions to meet specific business needs.
- Transparency – The ability to understand every aspect of how a business is running and performing.
While there are many benefits to becoming a hyperconnected business, such as leveraging data and analytics to anticipate and predict problems, spot new opportunities, improve decision making, optimize processes and unlock value for your customers - there are challenges to overcome too. The first being network connectivity.
Read our whitepaper to learn more about the obstacles that you may face on the road to becoming a hyperconnected business.
How have our digital solutions for the hyperconnected business helped our customers to overcome their challenges?
BUWOG Group, Germany & Austria
For the BUWOG Group, we implemented a managed service solution that has enabled the company to outsource all of its IT operations. Our solution, delivered from a central location, was implemented at speed to ensure 700 employees working across two countries could continue to work without interruption. Services can now be scaled up or down on demand on a monthly basis.
- For Airbus, we deployed a RFID solution across its entire operation to enable a wide range of information - from maintenance history and part numbers to be electronically and digitally attached to individual aircraft components. Our solution has improved the efficiency of on-site work, provided real-time automated visibility, and increased the time an aircraft can spend in the air.
- For Beam Suntory, the world’s third largest premium spirits company, we implemented a solution using our GlobeRanger iMotion IoT Edgeware Platform to track production of thousands of barrels of Bourbon. Beam Suntory now has complete visibility of their entire production process reducing potential errors and wastage.
- For NIPPO Corporation, Japan’s largest road construction company, we implemented an IoT solution to increase safety standards and prevent emergencies. With our Ubiquitousware solutions we have introduced Beacon and GPS technology to monitor worker safety indoors and outdoors.
- For Slingeland Hospital, we implemented a Smart Sensing solution to monitor patients’ vital signs 24/7. Our solution supports medical staff with real-time data as to a patient’s status to enable more informed medical decisions and a higher quality of care. Nurses can now remotely monitor a patient’s condition cutting down bedside visits and allowing treatment to be tailored to a patient’s needs.
- For Akademiska Hus, one of Sweden’s largest property companies, we built and deployed a plug-and-play PRIMEFLEX for VMware Cloud Foundation solution to digitalize and transform their IT estate. Our solution, which supports 450 users in 16 locations, has doubled efficiency and performance while reducing energy consumption.