NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 |
8 December 2009
- Fujitsu Launches End-to-End Cloud Services in North America
- SUNNYVALE, Calif., December 8, 2009– Fujitsu (http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com) today announced it will be offering end-to-end enterprise cloud services designed to help enterprises and ISVs in North America quickly reap the cost and agility benefits of reliable, secure cloud computing. Fujitsu enterprise cloud services will let companies migrate existing multi-platform and multi-vendor mission-critical systems to enterprise clouds. Clients moving to the cloud will minimize their capital expense-intensive investment in technology and instead purchase a service that can be tailored to meet their specific business requirements, allowing them to align their IT costs with revenue. In preparation for a Q1 2010 launch, Fujitsu has upgraded its environmentally-friendly data center at its Sunnyvale, Calif., headquarters to the Tier III level and will also support the cloud application interface (API) specification, which it recently submitted to the Open Cloud Standards Incubator of the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) in an effort to promote interoperability of cloud computing environments. CoolRock Software, an ISV specializing in email management software for archiving, ediscovery and collaboration, and Intershop Communications, a leading ecommerce solutions ISV, intend to leverage the Fujitsu cloud computing solution to offer their software to clients using a SaaS business model.
9 November 2009
- Fujitsu Interstage BPM Version 11 Lets Businesses Proactively “Sense and Respond” to Change
- SUNNYVALE, Calif., November 9, 2009– Fujitsu today announced in North America the release of Interstage® Business Process Manager (BPM) Version 11, offering enhanced “Sense and Respond” capabilities that let users proactively address changing business requirements. The latest release of Interstage BPM, which is also optimized to be offered via the Cloud, provides teams involved in collaborative, highly dynamic processes with past performance data and workload predictors as well as with the flexibility to veer from established process paths to find more efficient ways to get work done. It is ideal for processes related to project management, case management, and new product introductions. Interstage BPM Version 11 delivers complete visibility across the end-to-end business process – both the structured and unstructured segments. It captures these unpredictable, hybrid collaborative process patterns as they are being established – thereby uncovering processes that really work for the business.
27 October 2009
- Fujitsu Unveils Infrastructure Products to Build Enterprise Cloud
- October 27, 2009– Fujitsu today announced the gradual roll-out in Japan, starting today, of new products and services that are compatible with multiple platforms and vendor environments to employ their on-site mission-critical systems as enterprise clouds. The company will strengthen products that enable system optimization through cloud technologies, such as virtualization and automation, and offer support services.
9 September 2009
- Fujitsu Opens Expanded Services Facility to Accommodate Strong Local Growth
- Barataria, Trinidad, September 9, 2009– Fujitsu Caribbean (Trinidad) Limited today announced the expansion of its global data centre capabilities with the opening of a new facility in Barataria. The facility, which represents a multi-million dollar investment by Fujitsu in the Caribbean market, comes in response to high local demand for hosted and managed IT infrastructure services.
9 September 2009
- Fujitsu Opens New Technology Centre in Barataria, Trinidad
- Barataria, Trinidad, September 9, 2009– Fujitsu Caribbean (Trinidad) Limited today announced that it has opened a new state-of-the-art technology centre to provide improved services and a full spectrum of IT Managed Services to satisfy todays sophisticated IT market. The center offers a full range of infrastructure services, from training through to building and testing enterprise solutions prior to deployment and ongoing management of enterprise systems and platform products from Fujitsu and its partners.
19 August 2009
- Fujitsu one of the First Vendors to Achieve Multinational EPEAT Certification
- Kingston, Jamaica, August 19, 2009– Fujitsu today announced that it is one of the first companies to achieve multinational certification for technology products, as the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) registry goes global. EPEAT is a comprehensive Green IT product rating system, with a registry of more than 1,000 products and more than 30 participating manufacturers.
10 August 2009
- Fujitsu Boosts the Fury Supercat
- Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, August 10, 2009– Fujitsu Caribbean today announced it’s sponsorship of the FURY Supercat to participate in the 2009 Great Race. Just over one month ago the FURY Supercat flipped upside down while testing in Sarasota during the Suncoast Offshore Superboat Grand Prix. With sponsorship from Fujitsu, Mercury Racing rebuilt the engines, the boat builder Doug Wright repaired the damage to the deck from the crash and TNT Custom Marine in Miami rebuilt the drives and totally re-rigged the boat. Now dubbed the Fujitsu Fury, the quest for sailing’s ultimate prize at the 2009 Great Race begins in earnest.
25 June 2009
- Fujitsu consolidates key business units
- Kingston, Jamaica, June 25, 2009– As part of Fujitsu Limited’s business restructuring in executing its global business strategy to consolidate key business units outside of Japan, Fujitsu’s Caribbean operations became wholly owned subsidiaries of Fujitsu America Inc. Fujitsu America Inc., the new parent company of Fujitsu Caribbean represents the combined IT strengths of Fujitsu Transaction Solutions Inc., Fujitsu Consulting Inc. and Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation, under a unified corporate structure. As part of this transition, the Caribbean operations have changed their legal names to Fujitsu Caribbean (Country) Limited in its respective locations Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and the Bahamas.
8 June 2009
- Fujitsu Expands Global Storage Business under the ETERNUS Brand
- Tokyo, June 8, 2009– Fujitsu today introduces its new global storage portfolio under the ETERNUS brand name. It provides customers with a comprehensive range of storage arrays and data protection solutions for every type of business.
2 June 2009
- Fujitsu Launches Its First Netbook-Class Mini-Notebook in North America
- SUNNYVALE, CA , June 2, 2009– Fujitsu America today introduced the Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook, its first netbook-class mini for the North American market. With an environmentally friendly 10.1-inch mercury-free backlit display, the 2.5-pound Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home-based Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook is ideal for the K-12 education market and mobile professionals. Featuring a durable design, the stylish, glossy ruby red Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook can withstand being casually tucked into handbags, messenger bags and backpacks.
13 May 2009
- University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Partners with Fujitsu to Deliver Expanded Online Services to Students and Faculty
- Bridgetown, Barbados , May 13, 2009– Fujitsu Caribbean today announced that it has been awarded a contract by the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus to implement an automated system for accepting and distributing correspondence, student applications, research or committee papers and other documents of interest to the campus community.
16 April 2009
- Fujitsu and Cisco Expand Strategic Alliance to Deliver Unified Communications Solutions in Japan
- TOKYO , April 16, 2009– Fujitsu and Cisco today announced the expansion of their strategic alliance to deliver unified communications in the Japanese market. As a part of the expanded alliance, Fujitsu and Cisco have agreed to work together to develop unified communications solutions and collaborate on services and marketing activities.
27 January 2009
- Fujitsu (CARIBBEAN) Achieves Cisco® Advanced Unified Communications Specialization
- Kingston, January 27, 2009– Fujitsu (CARIBBEAN) announced today that it has achieved the Advanced Unified Communications (AUC) Specialization from Cisco®. This specialization recognizes Fujitsu as having fulfilled the training requirements and programme prerequisites to sell, deploy and support comprehensive Cisco Unified Communications solutions.