Fujitsu Highlights Human-Centric Retail Innovations Fueled by Digital Transformation at NRF 2021
London, January 12, 2021
Richard Clarke, Executive Director, Global Retail at Fujitsu, says: “Retailers are reimagining themselves and shifting from the conventional supplier-centric model to a human-centric model, where shoppers are fully in control of their purchase journey. To lay the foundations for future success, retailers must focus on technology investments that closely map these new expectations for customer experience.”
“Retail is becoming more competitive and more reliant on technology, especially amid COVID-19,” adds Paul Burel, Senior Director and Consumer Industry Consultant at Fujitsu America, Inc. “As retailers grapple with what the new normal looks like, optimisation, agility, and flexibility are key. Now is the time to build a seamlessly connected retail experience that delivers a more resilient in-store and online operation, all to deliver consumers what they want, where and when they want it.”
- Digital Annealer: Fujitsu’s quantum-inspired optimisation platform quickly solves a variety of large-scale, complex retail use cases from apparel personalisation to supply chain optimisation, including inventory routing optimisation to enhance the timeliness of deliveries from warehouses to retail locations; Last-mile delivery optimisation to reduce the number of vans and resources needed for given workload; Order Picking Route Optimisation (Buy-Online, Pick-Up In-Store) and Vehicle Routing Optimisation for large fleets.
Fujitsu also will showcase how the Digital Annealer helped an automotive company optimise its US supply chain distribution for automotive parts. This use case is closely aligned with the challenge faced by retailers in optimising supply chain inventory. The Fujitsu Digital Annealer was applied to quickly determine the best route with the lowest distribution cost for procuring parts from hundreds of suppliers and delivering them through several transit warehouses to dozens of factories. Using the newly-discovered routes proved that this solution would reduce costs by approximately 2-5% compared to conventional methods.
- FUJITSU Market Place is a digital commerce platform designed to make retail simpler, more scalable, and more cost-effective while expanding in-store shopping choices and creating service opportunities for store colleagues. FUJITSU Market Place provides tangible sales benefits, giving customers options in how they shop and pay in-store. Retailers reduce operational costs by dramatically improving the checkout experience, enabling significant reduction of business overhead and providing a chance to refocus staff on maximising shoppers’ total immersive in-store experience. During NRF Chapter 1, visitors will be able to see how FUJITSU Market Place supports non-traditional store services such as cafes, and health & beauty concessions, and centralises and merges those revenues into a total performance view.
- GLOVIA® OM Enhancements: Fujitsu makes it easier for retailers to orchestrate their inventory and orders dynamically and seamlessly regardless of the channel. There are five new solutions in the GLOVIA OM product suite – BOPIS Store Fulfillment, Inventory Management, B2B Commerce, Intelligent Order Allocation, and GLOVIA Enterprise Business Capabilities (EBC). Fujitsu GLOVIA OM is the lifeline of retail, an intelligent order orchestration hub that manages incoming demand across channels and provides one seamless system to optimise fulfilment with unmatched transparency.
- Cloud-Native In-Store Fulfillment Solution built on Salesforce® Consumer Goods Cloud: Fujitsu will feature a recently launched solution that enhances and optimises retailers’ pick processes for online orders fulfilled from stores. The solution offers a rich set of processes and tools for associates and store managers, including Task Assignment and Management, Capacity Management, Store Pick Routing, Quality Assurance, Reporting, Communication, and Automation tools.
- Fujitsu Self-Service Solutions: Fujitsu is leading the digital transformation of in-store technologies with Fujitsu S3 Self-Service Simplified. S3 solutions are modular hardware and software building blocks designed to create complete in-store solutions or augment a retailer’s existing capabilities.
- Fujitsu SmartCASH:: Launching today as part of S3, Fujitsu SmartCASH full recycling payment module is the most compact standard capacity cash recycler on the market today. The Fujitsu SmartCASH module is designed to be deployed quickly for in-counter Point of Sale cash automation or a complete free-standing Self-CheckOut configuration. The Fujitsu SmartCASH payment module reduces operational costs while enhancing customer experience by providing a single cash automation solution across the entire store.
- UScan® U-Shop app for Scan and Go: The Fujitsu UScan U-Shop application enables mobile Scan and Go, which can be deployed as an extension to existing UScan software customers or integrated into an existing Point of Sale/Enterprise solution.
- Attend the Fujitsu Big Ideas presentation on the future of retail.
- Schedule a virtual meeting with Fujitsu experts to learn more information about its digital transformation capabilities.
- Fujitsu NRF microsite: https://www.fujitsu.com/us/microsite/nrf-2021/index.html
- Fujitsu retail solutions: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/solutions/industry/retail/
- Fujitsu connected retail: http://connectedretail.global.fujitsu.com/
- Fujitsu Salesforce microsite: https://www.fujitsu.com/us/microsite/salesforce/index.html
- Read the Fujitsu blog: https://blog.global.fujitsu.com/
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fujitsu_uk
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-uk-and-ireland/
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FujitsuICT
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: https://www.fujitsu.com/uk/news/
About FujitsuFujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 130,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 3.9 trillion yen (US$35 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu UK and IrelandFujitsu UK & Ireland employs over 9,000 people. We promote a Human Centric Intelligent Society, in which innovation is driven by the integration of people, information and infrastructure. We are committed to Digital Co-creation, blending business expertise with digital technology and creating new value with ecosystem partners and customers. We enable our customers to digitally transform with connected technology services, focused on Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Cloud - all underpinned by Security. Our customers cover both the public and private sectors, including retail, financial services, transport, manufacturing, government and defence. For more information please see http://uk.fujitsu.com
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7861 2800
Phone: + 44 (0)208 052 4803
Date: January 12, 2021