US Chemical company AdvanSix turnes its ERP system to a Microsoft Azure Cloud-based SAP HANA and Fiori platform
"Fujitsu helped us digitally transform our IT platforms as we became an independent company, optimizing interfaces with other key systems and business partners."
AdvanSix needed to create its own ERP platform and turned to trusted partner Fujitsu to develop a flexible, scalable, and reliable SAP HANA® solution built on Microsoft Azure®.
AdvanSix is a new, public company with roots in the chemical industry stretching back more than 90 years. The company is a pioneer in resin and chemical production and is now a leading manufacturer of Nylon 6, a synthetic polymer resin used by customers to produce fibers, engineered plastics, filaments and films. The company was established in 2016 following a spin off from Honeywell.
AdvanSix needed to quickly build an ERP platform to migrate its SAP systems enabling it to thrive as an independent company. AdvanSix wanted to explore the public cloud option but needed an experienced partner to guide it.
Working with Fujitsu, AdvanSix transitioned to Linux®-based SAP HANA® on Microsoft Azure®, including over 50 interfaces with non-SAP systems. At the same time, it moved to a Microsoft SQL Server® platform from an Oracle database.
- ERP systems can scale effortlessly to meet demand
- New functionality makes the business operate more efficiently
- Improved performance and reliability increase productivity
- AdvanSix exited its original service agreement six months early, saving considerable expense
- Cloud approach is 10 percent less expensive than a traditional data center
Share this page