Fujitsu Asia Introduces a Reimagined Workplace in Singapore
- Embarks on strategy to re-envision work, allowance and workplace framework to support smart working and realize optimal working styles with secure, borderless solutions
- Fujitsu employees in Singapore receive up to S$1000 to support their home office setup
- Singapore office will be redesigned to empower staff for a more creative and productive experience, focused on communication and people-to-people interaction
- Fujitsu rolls out DX initiatives in Singapore to accelerate workplace transformation and support sustainable and diverse ways of work
Singapore, January 20, 2021
To future-proof the company, the holistic workplace transformation will see a shift in areas including work, allowance and staff welfare development, away from the traditional assumption that employees commute to designated offices every day. The changes will apply to staff in the Singapore office.
Key areas include:
- Empowering staff and work-life-balance: Starting from 2021, Fujitsu will introduce flexible work arrangements for all employees in Singapore, where employees can spend up to 90% of their time working from home.
- Supporting employees’ needs at home: All full-time employees in Singapore receive a one-time allowance of up to S$1,000 to support their work-from-home needs.
- Fostering a collaborative culture to drive innovation and productivity: Based on employees’ feedback on their envisaged use of office space, as well as expert advice, the existing office space in Singapore will be redesigned to support greater collaboration, enable productivity and accommodate diverse work styles. To support the new work system, adjustments such as the reconfiguration of the office space footprint, will be made.
- Reimagining work processes: Fujitsu will review and introduce solutions to streamline workflow and enhance existing processes such as IT support, collaboration, project approvals, while maintaining data security. Enhanced secure login methods without the need of VPN will be deployed for all employees to provide greater efficiency and better employee experience while managing network bandwidth.
“An adaptive enterprise is critical to unlocking success, especially in uncertain times. Through Fujitsu’s Work Life Shift initiatives in Singapore, we are reimagining working styles through technology and innovation, connecting people and boosting collaboration. By incorporating the know-how gleaned from our internal learnings, we are better positioned to pivot from risk, add value and productivity, and enable companies in Singapore and Asia to be more agile and resilient,” said Motohiko Uno, President, Fujitsu Asia.
FUJITSU Work Life Shift Solutions – Empowering DX Journeys to Build Resilient Organisations of the Future
A staff employee survey conducted during the Circuit Breaker period in 2020 shed light on their perceptions and preferences in terms of the future role of the office in the post-pandemic period. One in three respondents cited meetings as their main purpose to return to the office, while almost one in two (43%) would prefer to be in the office to clear administrative matters. Apart from having good hygiene practices and social distancing measures in place, employees wanted to have more face-to-face interaction when they return to office. Touchpoints for interaction cited include cross-learning experiences as well as casual meetings with colleagues. Employees opined that face-to-face meetings were considered more efficient for “important” meetings and project discussions. Another important aspect is the social connection with colleagues – the people-to-people interaction to establish better working relationships.
A series of Fujitsu Work Life Shift digital solutions will be progressively deployed to improve collaboration and enhance workflow. Employees will be able to stay connected regardless of their locations through collaboration and enterprise-grade social networking tools. Access to the corporate network and office documents will be made more efficient and secure through an enhanced secure login system. A new Helpdesk tool will be rolled out to facilitate more efficient IT support for staff working remotely or in the office.
Online resources for Singapore
- For regular news updates, check out http://www.fujitsu.com/sg/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://sg.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-singapore
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
About Fujitsu AsiaFujitsu Asia was established in Singapore in 1997 to provide leadership in business development, technology innovation and customer support as regional headquarters for the Fujitsu group of companies in ASEAN and was subsequently established as the Asia region headquarters in 2014. Building on Fujitsu’s three decades of experience in the region and with a pool of highly skilled engineering talent, Fujitsu Asia is dedicated to providing comprehensive integrated IT-based business solutions that deliver tangible business value and enable customers to meet the challenges of the new global economy. Fujitsu Asia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702), a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. For details, please visit: http://www.fujitsu.com/sg/.
Phone: +(65) 6512 7274
Company: Fujitsu Asia
Lim Wee Ling
Phone: +(65) 9768 6827
Company: Asia PR Werkz
Date: January 20, 2021