Fujitsu Creates New Business Opportunities for SELECT Channel Partners with Dedicated Security Portfolio
- Fujitsu launches channel-focused security portfolio enabling SELECT partners to help businesses address challenges with security-as-a-service
- Fujitsu SELECT partners benefit from new ongoing revenue streams and long-term customer relationships
- New channel-specific security products and services underpinned by in-depth training and new Select Partner Program Expert accreditation in Security
Today’s challenging security landscape has left businesses struggling to protect their data from malicious cyber threats - from ransomware to denial-of-service (DoS) attacks - where the costs of a breach are high1
. At the same time, they must address growing requirements to comply with strict data protection regulations such as the GDPR. Faced with a confusing, complex and expensive array of options, many organizations are looking for trusted advisors who can help them protect their data and meet new data protection standards.
Fujitsu’s SELECT partners now have the opportunity to address this demand while building stronger customer relationships and creating new, long-term income streams from Fujitsu’s Channel-specific line-up of managed services. An extensive range of Fujitsu managed services that channel partners can offer to their customers stretches from managed desktops through to endpoint security monitoring.
Dave Hazard, Vice President, Channel and Sales Operations at Fujitsu EMEIA, comments: “As businesses embrace digitalization, they need a different kind of support from channel partners. Our portfolio is evolving to help SELECT Partners address untapped opportunities in high-demand areas such as cyber security, which represents a key concern for all businesses, while few have the expertise or resources to manage it effectively in-house.”
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The EU’s new GDPR legislation introduces hefty fines for non-compliance from May 2018 onwards. This places a potentially heavy burden on businesses that do not yet have robust data management in place. A key step towards GDPR readiness is to conduct a gap analysis. These assessments initiate the development of a solid data protection and security plan to fit individual requirements. Shortcomings can be addressed by the wide range of Fujitsu’s data management and security services that are now available via SELECT Channel partners.
Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) and cyber security protection
Channel partners also gain access to Fujitsu’s IDaaS threat monitoring and managed security capabilities to help customers tackle cyber security. IDaaS simplifies the dozens of logins and passwords that users have for countless on-premises and cloud services, through providing single sign-on, backed by strong authentication. Meanwhile, Fujitsu’s world-leading Security Operations Centers (SOCs)
monitor customers’ internet traffic for threats. Data protection is provided in the form of backup and archiving solutions for business data. Services are complemented by Fujitsu’s security products, including its range of advanced biometric PalmSecure
solutions, which authenticate users based on highly-secure palm vein pattern recognition.
Training has always been at the heart of the SELECT Partner Program, allowing partners to achieve Fujitsu Security Expert-level accreditation by completing customer-centric training programs. Fujitsu’s in-depth training on its security portfolio is available to all partners and encompasses all the information they need to successfully sell the new security portfolio.
Pricing and availability
The new channel-focused security portfolio is available to partners to offer with ‘as a service’ pricing – an initiative intended to generate long-term revenue streams.
Notes to editors
According to the 2017 Accenture Cost of Cybercrime study
- $2.4million is the average cost of a malware attack spend and it takes on average 23 days to resolve a ransomware attack.
SELECT Partner Program Benefits
Fujitsu’s SELECT Partner Program delivers unbeatable value to its growing international base of channel partners around the world, founded on three cornerstones:
- Reliable Innovation: Fujitsu provides every member of its SELECT Partner Program with access to high-quality, customizable solutions intended to help their customers to simplify and enhance everyday life. Fujitsu’s best-in-class products represent the foundation of IT solutions that channel partners’ end customers will find compelling.
- Individual Support: Fujitsu’s cooperation with channel partners is sustained and developed by personal relationships and distinguished by the hallmark of excellence, so it is easy for Fujitsu and its partners to succeed in developing mutually profitable business. By providing market-leading tools, specialized processes, and sources of information, Fujitsu empowers its channel partners to differentiate in their business.
- Commitment to Growth: Fujitsu is helping its channel partners to grow in the market. The Fujitsu Rules of Engagement for business demonstrate the company’s clear commitment to understanding the unique value of its partners in the IT market, while also respecting their customers and embracing cultural differences.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.1 trillion yen (US $39 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu EMEIA
Fujitsu promotes a Human Centric Intelligent Society, in which innovation is driven by the integration of people, information and infrastructure. In the Europe, Middle East, Africa and India region (EMEIA), our 28,000-strong workforce is committed to Digital Co-creation, blending business expertise with digital technology and creating new value with ecosystem partners and customers. We enable our customers to digitally transform with connected technology services, focused on Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Cloud - all underpinned by Security. For more information, please visit http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/about/
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 18 January, 2018