Entry-Level Fujitsu Business-centric Storage Delivers Breakthrough in Enterprise-Class Performance Levels
Pricing and availability
The full range of ETERNUS DX S3 systems and ETERNUS SF16 management software are generally available with immediate effect, sold directly and via Fujitsu Channel Partners. Prices vary depending on configuration.
Notes to editors
- With the latest SPC Benchmark-1 from the Storage Performance Council, Fujitsu ETERNUS DX200 S3 has beaten all mid-range Dual Controller Arrays and also some multi-controller enterprise class storage systems in terms of IOPS, $/IOPS and response time.
- The Storage Performance Council (SPC) is a vendor-neutral standards body focused on the storage industry. It created the first industry-standard performance benchmark targeted at the needs and concerns of the storage industry. SPC benchmarks provide a rigorous, audited and reliable measure of performance. Further information is available online at http://www.storageperformance.org
- With a response time of 0.63 milliseconds at 100 per cent load the ETERNUS DX200 S3 achieved the highest scores ever in the history of the SPC-1 benchmark.
- As it is able to run more than 200,000 SPC-1 IOPS, Fujitsu’s entry-level system plays in the same league as much higher-priced mid-range and enterprise systems, with a similar level of performance to many all-flash arrays.
- The dual-controller ETERNUS DX200 S3 offers an outstanding price performance level of US $0.77 / SPC-1 IOPS.
- Fujitsu subscribes to SPC Benchmark testing as a valid and independent way for customers to judge performance results; http://www.storageperformance.org/specs
- The SPC Benchmark-1 test program is designed to simulate business critical applications processing many complex transactions. Pseudo-operational workloads of Online Transactions (OLTP), database operations, and mail systems are recreated to measure random access read/write performance.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of information and communication technology (ICT) -based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in over 100 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
Address: Square Marie Curie 12, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0) 2 536 64 15
Mobile: +32 (0) 473 96 06 43
Fax: +32 (0) 2 536 64 12
Marketing & Communications Manager
Date: 07 February, 2014